How do you handle suing someone for false reporting of a shooting?

You, as an individual, cannot bring a civil suit for this. 'Filing a false report' or 'falsely reporting a crime' is a criminal charge that can only be brought by the prosecutors office. If you wish to sue for civil damages, you must be prepared to prove that the filing of the allegedly false report 'damaged' you in some way.