How do you keep parental rights to your child when unmarried to mother in Florida?

Here are a couple of ifs: Not married you have no rights. - You would have to file court docs requesting a paternity test if she will not do it herself. Not married but you are on the birth certificate. - You are automatically viewed and recognized as the father. If you disagree, you can ask for a paternity test. If you do agree you already have rights and can file court docs requesting visitation and joint custody with the mom. Married - On the birth certificate or not....whether you are the father or not - you are automatically viewed in the eyes of the court as the father. Case in point: Michael Jackson, married to his two oldest kids mom, even though he is not the father he is viewed as the father as he was married to the mom during preg and when she had the babies. He automatically has parental rights.