How do you pay off condo fee lien in Massachusetts?

If Massachusetts is like most other states, the attorney who filed the lien on behalf of the association can provide you a total amount to pay, which includes the lien amount, the attorney's fee and the filing fee.

In order to lift or remove the lien, you must pay these amounts -- usually to the attorney, who will then distribute the funds to the association and keep his/her fee and expenses.

Once paid, the attorney can direct you in the process to follow so you can file a 'release of lien' document with the local court, thus clearing title to your unit.