Child Support

How do you petition the court to stop parental rights?

User Avatar
Wiki User
June 16, 2008 8:45PM

File a Termination of Parental Rights petition in the appropriate state court in the county in which you live or the child resides. Courts do not take the granting of the relinquishment of parental rights lightly and will not allow a TPR request to be used as a means for a biological parent to escape his or her financial obligation to the child or children.