How do you recover the password for a cisco 2501 router?
Cisco Router Password Recovery (Method One)
Using this method can make the following cisco routers password recovery: Cisco2000 series, 2500 series, 3000 series, 680 x0MotorolaCPU, Cisco4000 series, operation version 10.0 or above the 7000 series routers CiscoIOS system.
- The router console mouth connected to a terminal or with installation of the software simulation terminal PC.
- Input showversion command, and then write down registers value, usually 0 x2102or0x102. This value displayed in the last line, pay attention to the configuration of the register whether Break set to enable or disable.The default configuration register value is 0 x2102. This value from the left number the third digital if is 1, it is disableBreak; If for zero, the Break for enabled.
- Cut off power supply after the restart.
- The router start in 60 seconds internal terminal according to Break key. Will show rommon > prompt. If this is not prompt, the terminal was given the right the interrupt signal, check Break key is correct or whether it is set to disable.
- In the prompt next input o/r0x42 or o/r0x41, o/r0x42 meaning from the Flashmemory guide, o/r0x41 meaning from the ROMs guide (note, the first character is the letter "o", not the number zero). The best is 0 x42, Flashmemory is not installed or erase in the case, just use 0 x41, if have 0 x41 is can only view or erase configuration, can not directly change your password.
- In rommon > prompt next input initialization command.
- Input system configuration dialog prompt knock no, waiting for that message: PressRETURNtogetstarted!
- Press enter, appear Router > prompt.
- Input enable command, appear Router# prompt.
- Router# configurememory
- Router# configureterminal
- Router (config) # enablesecret1234abcd
- Router (config) # CTRL-z
- Router# writememory
- Select the option of a:
- If no password encryption, use direct morenvram: startup-config command can see password; In the password encryption, can't see, can only alter, type the command that is as follows:
- In EXEC prompt input configureterminal enter configuration mode. Input config-register order to record in step 2 registers value recovery.
- Knock Ctrl-Z, exit the configuration state.
- In the privilege mode writememory with command save configuration, then reboot to restart.
Cisco Router Password Recovery (Method 2)
Using this method can make the following cisco routers password recovery: Cisco1003, series 1600, series 3600, series 4500, series 7200, series 7500 and IDTOrion-Based routers, the first step and the first method.
- In rommon > prompt input confreg under orders. Doyouwishtochangeconfiguration [y/n]?
- Input yes, then press enter. In answer to the back of the problems have been no choice, until appear "ignoresystemconfiginfo [y/n]?" When the input yes. Then continue to knock no answer, has been to see "changebootcharacteristics [y/n]?" When the input yes.
- Entertoboot: in this prompt can have 2 and 1 under two options. If Flashmemoryiserased choose 1, this can only vieworerase configuration, can't edit password. Had better choose 2. Appear as follows tip: Doyouwishtochangeconfiguration [y/n]? Answer no, then press enter, shows "rommon >".
- In the privilege under command input EXEC reload.
- Cisco routers password recovery operation to this, with the first method behind operation.