Best Answer

this has to be done through an attorney and a court of law

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2015-11-13 02:57:09
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides
See all Study Guides
Create a Study Guide

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How do you remove a deceased name from a property deed in Logan county OK and place another name on it?
Write your answer...
Related questions

How much does it cost to remove deceased siblings names off property so it can be sold?

To remove deceased siblingÕs names off property is different prices. It depends on the sates that the property is located and how old the property is. In some states it may be free cause hey allow you to do in over the internet.

Can the family remove property from the deceased or just the executor before will is read?

Legally only the executor can remove property from the estate. Anyone else could be considered to be stealing.

How do you remove a deceased person frpm property title?

thus needs to go through an attorney

Can a person dispose or remove items from a deceased persons property without approval from the execator of the estate?

Certainly not, it would be theft.

How do you remove a relative from a deceased parent's home when the parent died with a will and did not include that relative as a beneficiary.?

The new owner of the property or the trust holding the property would need to legally evict the person.

What is the legal procedure for kicking out an adult child out of the house in Kansas?

You will have to evict your adult child from your home. You must go to the County and file eviction papers, which the County will execute. The person is given enough time to arrange for another residence, and to remove their personal property.

How long does the family have to remove personal belongings of a family member that had lifetime rights to a property after the person that had lifetime rights deceased?

90 Days

How can you remove a deceased co owner's name from the title deed in california?

Only the co owner's estate can do that. The estate has rights in the property and will want compensation.

How do you show to courts that im legally on will and permitted to be on property?

me and my sisters are on my deceased fathers will for his estate.My sister is power of attorney .my sister who is power of attorney has got sheriff to remove me from property, when that where i resides. is there any thing i need to do to stop her or permit her from making me leave property?

If a husband that's pre-deceased by a first wife remarries and dies but does not remove the pre-deceased wife's name from the deed does the couple's children have claim or the new surviving spouse?

Both. The property would be in his estate and intestacy laws would apply.

When renting an estate property how long does the family have to remove the deceased possessions?

Until the time of possession by the renter. The time frame should be negotiated with the renters for the start date.

How do I remove deceased wife name from my account?

To remove your deceased wife's name from your account, you need to speak with an account representative. You can remove her name, though you might need to prove that she passed away.

Is it a crime to remove your mail from another persons mailbox?

Yes, it is still trespassing on another person's property

How do i take deceased husband's name off deed?

To remove a deceased person from the Deed, you will need to go to a title company. Bring the Death Certificate to show the part is deceased, then they will prepare a new deed to be filed with the county. (anyone else who was on the original title will need to be present for the new Deed) Make sure anyone who will be on the new title brings a valid form of identification.

You bought property in Hopkins County KY and the neighbors fence is on your property Can you remove the fence?

You first have to prove this fence is in fact, on your land and not your neighbors. You do this by obtaining the survey that is filed along with your deed. And then, if there is further questions, you might have to hire a survey company to re survey your property, physically mark the property lines and then give notice to your neighbor that his fence is on your property, justified by a copy of the survey and give him a time frame in which to remove this fence. Then, if it is not done, remove it and sue for the amount it took to remove it. You should read the contract you signed when you purchased the property. Many contracts for the purchase of land will state if an existing fences is the property line regardless of what a survey shows.

What if your husband and you were joint owners on a home he died 20 years agohe is still on the deed how do you remove it?

Generally you don't need to remove the deceased joint owner's name from the property. You need only to record a death certificate in the land records and ask that it be referenced to the deed. Upon the death of your husband the full ownership of the property automatically passed to you.

How to treat deceased peach trees?

remove and burn

How do you protect waterfront property from flooding?

In order to protect someone's waterfront property from flooding, they can use sandbags and place them around the property. Another way is to invest in a good drainage system in order to remove the water.

How do you remove a deceased name from a deed?

You can't "remove" a deceased's name from a deed. However, ownership of any real estate owned by the deceased automatically passes to his/her heirs. Proving who those heirs are is typically done through probate, regardless of whether the deceased had a Will. (If no Will, then it is referred to as an intestacy probate.) Sometimes the deceased's family can get by without going through probate IF they are looking to sell the property and an "affidavit of heirship" (where allowed by law) is acceptable to the buyer and/or the title company. The complications involving real estate are why EVERYONE needs to think about how title will pass to one's heirs after one's death.

Can the executor of a will remove property from the house of the deceased?

The executor is responsible for the assets of the estate. They have to inventory, value and distribute according to the will and the law.

Can your mother remove you from your fathers will he is deceased.?

No go see a lawyer.

Do you have to remove a deceased husband's name from your deed?

No. Generally all you need to do is record a death certificate in the land records. If you plan to sell the property the buyer's attorney will let you know if you need to record a certificate of no tax due.

How do you remove person from gift deed?

If you are referring to your will then you will have to make out another one or add an amendment to the original. This may have to be witnessed by another person with their signature.AnswerA gift deed is generally understood to be a deed in which the consideration is not monetary, but is made in return for love and affection. It is a document which transfers real property to another as a gift. If that is the case, the grantee in the deed is the new owner. You can't "remove them from the gift deed". In order for the grantor to get the property back from that grantee, the grantee must execute a new deed voluntarily, a deed that transfers the property back to the original owner.

I told the repo man to get off the property he didn't do i have any recourse now?

Unfortunately, unless the property is fenced in with a locked gate the repossession man is allowed to come on to your property to remove the item under repossession. In fact, if you attempt to physically remove him he can pepper spray you in order to protect himself. They have the right to enter your property and reclaim the goods. However, he can not enter your home, a garage, or dwelling. If it is a car, and it is in the driveway he has the right to come on your property and remove it. They cannot move any of your or anyone's property to attain the vehicle, so if you park another vehicle in front of it he cannot move that to get to yours.

Does a neighbor have to remove a carport addition that is on my property?

If your neighbor has no easement rights in your property that would allow him to build a carport then he must remove it if you can establish that the structure encroaches on your property.