Best Answer

Unless this is some sort of company vehicle, it has no governor.

New HeadlineIf by governor you mean the vehicle speed/RPM restrictor (rev limiter), the only way to "remove" it is by reprogramming the vehicles ECM (the computer). There are several brands of aftermarket reprogrammers and replacement computer chips to choose from. With most products, you will be able to adjust the rev limiter (faster speeds), change when the transmission shifts, recalibrate the speedometer after wheel and tire modifications. The list could go on and on. Here is a web site that may help you a little more, This company is one of the most trusted that's out there. I hope that helps you a little more.
User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2015-07-15 19:46:40
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How do you remove the governor on a 96 Tahoe 4x4 350 Vortec?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

Does a 1995 tahoe have a vortec motor?

A 1995 Chevrolet Tahoe has a 5.7L 350 TBI V8 for a engine, not a vortec.

How many wires are on a 1996 Tahoe with vortec 350 starter?


Where is the temperature sensor on a 96 350 vortec Chevy Tahoe?

In the font

What engine is in a 1996 Chevy Tahoe sport?

5.7L V8 350 Vortec.

What is the horsepower for a 99 Tahoe Z71 350 Vortec Engine?

Every vehicle has a different type of horsepower depending on the specifications of the vehicle. The 1999 Tahoe Z71 350 Vortec Engine has a horsepower of 255 at 4600 RPMs.

Will a 1996 350 vortec truck transmission fit in a 1999 350 vortec tahoe?

NO. the bellhousings are different on the 96 and 97 transmissions then all the rest of the transmissions in the 90s

What is the best engine for a 97 Chevy 2door Tahoe?

That would be the 5.7L / 350 Vortec.

What kind of 350 is in a 98 Tahoe lt?

Would be a 5.7 L Vortec 350 approx 285 horse engine..

What is the spark plug gap for a Chevrolet Tahoe 5.7 350 Vortec?

The spark plug gap for a Chevrolet Tahoe 5.7 350 Vortec should be set at .060 inches. This spark plug will be purchased preset from any auto parts store.

Will a 350 vortec from a 1998 Tahoe fit in a 1997 suburban?

Yes the are the same engines. That is a direct bolt in

How do you bypass the governor on 97 Chevy z71 350 vortec?

There are aftermarket programmers available that allow this.

What would cause a Cylynder 5 misfire on a 2002 Tahoe?

Type your answer here... I had the same problem with my 96 Tahoe.. Vortec 350. Problem was a blown intake gasket.

People also asked