Home Improvement

How do you resurface damaged dry wall?

User Avatar
Wiki User
September 30, 2007 2:36PM

What I usually do is to first cut off any loose paper or dry wall that is there. Then I spread joint compound or spackle (depends on the size of the damage) over the damaged area. After the area is completely dry then sand the area with sandpaper and make sure the patch is flush with the surrounding area. If not keep filling in and sanding until it is. Then I usually use a textured roller with paint to blend the area with the rest of the wall. I hope this helps you.