Best Answer

If the question is "how does a mother sign away her rights to a child before the child is born so that the father can be the primary parent?". The answer is, she can't. Mothers and fathers alike will have rights and responsibilities to their children unless the state determines them to be unfit and terminates their rights OR unless a step-parent decides they wish to adopt and papers are filed for the termination of the mother's or father's rights so that the step-mother or step-father can adopt instead. If the question regards a mother who does not want to be a primary parent to the child and a father who wants to be a primary parent (the parents are in agreement). There should be no problem transferring custody to the father with or without the court's involvement. Either parent may raise the child without interference from the court as long as the other parent agrees. However, mothers, like fathers, may be assessed for child support in this situation. In the eyes of the law, the child's best interest is what matters and if a mother does not want a relationship with her child, the court is still going to hold her responsible, financially, for that child. Also, if the child wants to seek a relationship with the mother, the court would want the child to be able to know the mother and find the mother. Only in the case of adoption either by a step-parent or by another couple will the court sever the rights of a mother or father. No action concerning custody, visitation, child support or any issues concerning the child can be or will be addressed by the court until the child is born and parentage is established.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2007-03-03 23:28:33
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How do you sign over an unborn child to his father?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

How do you sign your rights over to the father of your unborn baby?

In all 50 states, you have to wait for the child to be born before you can forfeit your rights to a child.

Is it possible for your boyfriend and father of your unborn child to sign the birth certificate if he is underage?


Can a father sign over parental rights to an unborn child in Alabama?

No. The father has no parental rights until the child is born.No. The father has no parental rights until the child is born.No. The father has no parental rights until the child is born.No. The father has no parental rights until the child is born.

If your married but you and your husband are most likely getting a divorce and you have an unborn child can the father sign his rights over and not have to pay child support?

No. He can sign over his rights but he would still be liable to pay child support. The only time he doesn't have to pay child support is if a stepdad wanted to adopt the child, then the biological father doesn't have to pay child support if he signs his rights away.

Can you sign over custody of an unborn child to a friend without your husband's consent in Missouri?

No. The child has to be born before released for adoption. The father must consent because he has parental rights that are equal to the mother's.

Can a father sign over fights of child and waive child support?


If a father takes a paternity test and it comes back he's not the father can he sign over his rights?

If he is not the father of the child, he has no rights to sign over.

Can a father sign over parental rights to the child's grandfather?

A father can sign over parental rights to the child's grandfather. This is something that is actually done quite often.

You are leaving for the military how do you sign your child over to his father?


Can my husband who is not the father of my unborn child sign the birth certificate?

Yes, but efforts are under way to pass laws to make it illegal.

If you do not know if you are the father of an unborn child can you sign over guardianship to the maternal grandmother of the unborn child?

The answer depends totally on whether or not you were married to the child's mother. Any child born to a married couple is considered to be the legal child of the husband until proven otherwise. HOWEVER, if you were NOT married to the child's mother, then you have no legal rights, even if you are the father. An unwed mother who has a child is considered the sole legal parent of that child in most states. Even if you were proven to be the father - you have no legal rights without going to court , if you were not married.

If you sign over your rights as a father in Texas when does the child support end?

It ends if and when the child is adopted.

People also asked