How do you treat a bee sting?
When the bee pulls away and leaves the sting behind, it also leaves the muscles and venom sac. The muscles continue to pump venom into the victim for anything up to two minutes, so the most important thing is to remove the sting as quickly as possible. Scratch it out with a thumbnail or something like the back of a knife or the edge of a credit card. It is better not to try to pick it out between finger and thumb or to use tweezers, because to do so could well force more venom into the wound.
As for putting substances on the sting, remember the venom has been injected below the surface of the skin. Anything applied to the surface of the skin strong enough to reach the venom will probably do more harm than good.
A cold compress will help limit any swelling, and it is almost pointless looking for creams to ease the pain of the sting, because it will usually go away surprisingly quickly without treatment. Calamine lotion can help residual itching.
For most people, the initial pain and some swelling are the only effects, but some people are hypersensitive to bee venom and may experience more severe symptoms such as feeling faint or nauseous, or a rash on places other than the sting site. In these cases, get medical advice. If the victim becomes unconscious, or has any difficulty breathing, call an ambulance immediately.
A bee sting on a horse is not a serious threat to the animal. The only exception is if the horse is allergic. A bee sting can be left to heal on its own. If there is an allergic reaction, a vet should treat the horse.
they treat bee sting in the 1800 by cold food and snow
A bee sting hurts because it is an acid. You can neutralise it with any alkali, like toothpaste.
put baking soda on it.
becaúse its alkaili
Dogs can take Zyrtec in small doses, but it will not be quite as helpful for a bee sting. Zyrtec is an antihistamine, which will help with congestion more successfully. A better choice to treat a bee sting is Benadryl.
Ammonia is basic and the idea is that it will neutralise the formic acid in the sting
put mud on it. or take a card (credit card, business card) and slide it on the bee sting to remove the stinger
you can put mud on the sting to sooth it and the mud is supposed to draw out the venome I am no expert on the mud treatment but a bumble bee sting requires similar treatment to that of a honey bee. There are some pretty good answers and videos covering that.
this works with sunburn too but, take a paper towel and soak it in vinegar and but it on your sting it will take the swelling and sting feeling away
Cephalexin is popularly used to treat infections contracted from injuries. A normal bee sting would only require cleaning and pain medications. If your bee sting becomes infected, then see a doctor who might prescribe you with Cephalexin.
The soda which is alkaline neutralizes the bee sting which is acidic. For wasp stings use vinegar. Vinegar is acidic and neutralizes the alkaline wasp sting.
Epinephrine (adrenaline) is used as first aid treatment for anaphylactic shock which could be the result of a bee sting on a person who is severly hypersensitive to the venom. It should not be used as a general treatment for any sting.
You should first remove the stinger, then go to an adult to take you to the nearest place which can treat a bee sting. Putting mud on it helps if the pain is too much.
baking soda and water mixed together until it looks and feel pasty then rub it on the area. That's how you treat a bee sting-but when, at the exact time, you are stung by a bee you must try your best to get the barb out-because it contains poison. I suggest not to do this by tweezers because that squeezes more poison into your body. A knife, or ask a doctor to help, would do… Read More
Any alkali like soap. The venom in a bee sting is acidic and the alkali neutralises the venom. Top Tip: a cold compress can relieve the pain
With a bee because it is has a acid sting you treat it with a weak alkali like toothpaste. With a wasp because it has a alkali sting you treat it with a weak acid like orange juice! With a bee and wasp sting's, use baking soda(just add a little water and make a paste and put it on the infected area). This is also great for Fire Ant stings.
If puss is coming out of a bee sting, clean the area with a diluted hydrogen peroxide solution, and ice the area if there is swelling. If there is redness surrounding the sting, see a physician as soon as possible. Antibiotics may be needed to treat an infection.
Baking soda can be used to treat bee stings and polish objects. To make this mixture of baking soda to treat bee stings, you add water. To polish objects, you add baby oil.
A bee sting should not be treated with anything acid since it would not help alleviate the pain or reaction.
Bee stings can be serious to those who have an allergic reaction. If you are allergic to bee stings, then you should call an ambulance immediately for further instructions. But if you are not allergic, what you can do to treat the venom, is first wash the stung area. If you aren't near water, then you should have a first aid kit with alcohol swabs. After cleaning the area compress it with a cold washcloth… Read More
try salted water it works a treat when i get stung if not try egg yolk
I was prescribe this medication after a moderate reaction from a bee sting to my face. It also is used to treat anxiety.
The bee might sting, but it will only sting if provoked.
People think it neutralises the sting, but that doesn't work. The pain from a bee sting only last for a couple of minutes anyway and you could be left with itching. Bicarbonate of soda can help soothe the itching.
a bee sting is acid a wasp sting is base
You put milk on a bee sting because a bee sting is full of acid and by putting an alkali solution on the sting it neutralises the sting (balances it out) so the sting doesnt hurt.
toothpaste would not cure a bee sting it has no cemicals in to cure a bee sting
yes a bee sting is acid
bee sting is acidic
A Bee sting contains a acid
Bumble bees are bees. If they sting, it is a bee sting. Robber flies can bite humans. It is not similar to a bee sting.
Well, wasp sting is more poisonous than bee sting
The pH scale of a bee sting is 3.5, so if you get stung by a bee, putting toothpaste on the bee sting should help because the bee sting is weak acid but toothpaste is week alkali so it should balance it out.
The chemicals left by a bee sting and wasp sting are slightly different. The wasp sting has a base which is neutralized by the vinegar. Bee stings are acidic and are not neutralized by the vinegar.
vinegar can be used to cure a bee sting.
if you itch a bee sting it will get bigger
The nature of the bee and wasp sting is that they are usually inflammatory and acidic.
squeez the needle out and suck out the infection and then finger yourself so hard wif the poison and die!
Bees come in 3 versions: Queen (female bee, only one per hive) - can sting many times. Worker - can sting once (the sting is barbed and comes away in the target - bee dies). Drone (male bee) - has no sting.
The wasp will try to sting the bee back, with a jaggered bee sting in its side, while the bee - wich would now be going crazy - is slowly dying and giving the wasp a hard time to actually sting the bee sucsessfully.
A bee does not sting itself, but a wasp sometimes will. Bees will sting other bees if they are fighting.
because simply you have been stung and therfore a bee sting will sting. this is the same for a wasp sting, a wasp sting also stings if you have been stung.
It can't. A drone (male bee) cannot sting.
a bee sting is a strong acid.
A male (drone) honey bee can't sting.
toothpaste neutralizes the protein in the bee sting
A bee sting will start hurting immediately.
if it is on the child's foot try not to walk on it SOMETIMES IT MAY TAKE A WEEK OR LESS OR MORE FOR THE BEE STING TO GO DOWN 1. rub garlic on the sting 2. mix baking soda with water and put it on sting 3. put ice on the sting 4. salt water pools help to the swelling will go down 5. soak in salt water 6. DONT ITCH THE STING!! 7… Read More
If you meant a 'bee stinger' - then yes. Unlike wasps, the sting of a bee has a tiny barb - when a bee stings something, the barb makes the sting stay put. This means the sting pulls out of the bees body - killing the bee in the process.