Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2013-11-21 02:21:57

As long as the loan is in force (until the loan is paid off)

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

A cosigner is obligated as long as the loan exisists. The loan must be paid off or refinanced into the primary borrower's name only to release the cosigner.

From my understanding it is until the loan is paid off or the other party refinances the loan. If you haven't already co-signed I would rethink the decision. It is a nightmare if the person you are co-signing for doesn't live up to their end of the bargain, even if it is family.

The co-signer is responsible until the lease expires or until a new lease is executed.

Defaulted federal student loans can stay on your credit much longer then 7 years (the regulations are complicated). Non-defaulted student loan tradelines age off 7 years after they're paid in full, and lates age off 7 years from when the delinquency started.

In the US, unfortunately the answer is no. A parent PLUS loan must stay with the parent. If you cosigned on a loan for your child and the loan is federally guaranteed, then you can get your name off of the loan by having your child consolidate the loans. If you need help with the consolidation of the student loans, click on the link at the bottom of this text box.

NO. My wife went to auto dealer for new car and they said no auto loan can be approved without income. Either the spouse or relative/friend need as a co-signer.

The best student loans to get are government student loans.Of the government loans, the best one is a Federal Perkins Loan. These have low interest rates and the government will help you pay it back as long as you stay enrolled in school. You also don't need a cosigner or good credit for it.The next best loan is a Federal Subsidized Stafford Loan. This has many of the same benefits as a Perkins Loan.Finally, the Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan is available to all students, regardless of financial need.

No ! They can only stay as long as they are studying - then they have to return to their country of origin.

No it is not the same. With international Student card you can stay in USA as long as you are a student with condition. Green card lets you stay permanently.

Yes, as long as you stay in school, the student loan remains deferred. Still, be careful of the interest rates, for it may continue to accumulated even though your in school.

A loan you usually have to pay back and with a grant as long as you stay within the criteria to have it, you don't have to pay it back.

Actually, the default will stay on your credit indefinately until you get out of default. Student loan default on Federally Guaranteed student loans has no statute of limitation. If you consolidate your defaulted student loans, they will show up as Paid In Full on your credit report. You can get help with the consolidation of your student loans through Any default is going to stick around for about 7 years.

Any debt listed (or should have been listed) in your bankruptcy can be reported as discharged for the ten years the bankruptcy can be reported. Since a student loan cannot be discharged without proving a hardship (the difficulty of which varies from state to state and even court to court), the default can probably be reported as long as it remains unpaid.

There's no denying it: college is expensive. If you're like thousands of others who get student loans to help pay for college, then you'll need to make sure that you keep up to date with your student loan repayment schedule in order to maintain a solid credit rating. Using a student loan repayment calculator will help you stay on task and make sure that you make your payments in a timely fashion. Using a student loan repayment calculator will also help you to keep enough money off to the side to make payments, making it hard to accidentally spend it.

How long you want and as long your visa lets you. The most common is 6months or 1 year

The answer is no unless you have been asked by a court of law to surrender your passport and stay within a certain geographic segment of the country. As long as this does not pertain to you, you are free to apply for passports and travel as you please.

I believe most policies provide that you can stay on a parents' policy as long as you're enrolled as a student (I'm not sure whether part or full time).

Well, some individuals become what I would call career students for a number of years and for a number of reasons. Still, unless the student is in some restricted or competitive program, I am not aware that any college or university would have a cutoff or limit as to how long a student can remain. Thus, as long as it is not a restricted or competitive program where there are more applicants then seats available, and the student has the time and money, they can stay as long as they want. Some students change there career path a number of times and that prolongs their stay also.

Generally, a student teacher will stay in a class for about one semester. There are times, however, where the practicum may last one year.

Be careful making that decision. Defaulted student loans stay on your credit indefinitely. You will have trouble ever getting a house or car loan with defaulted student loans. There is no statute of limitations on collections of defaulted student loans. Collectors can garnish your wages, keep your tax return, and garnish social security later in life. You can not discharge student loans in bankruptcy either. Be careful!

a student go and stay in a different country for a year

If a student is on their parents insurance they should stay on it as long as possible. However, the student's parents should check with their policy as to what benefits are available if the student does not stay in the local area. When a parent's insurance policy is not an option one can check with the school they plan to attend. Most schools offer student insurance. Another option would be for the student to purchase their own health insurance policy.