Children and the Law
Child Support

I have a court order for child support in state where both parents lived at time of order. Father now lives in another state but is in arrears. What state do I file for contempt?


User Avatar
Wiki User

The parent with custody would file in the region where THE CHILD lives. Contact your local Attorney General's office. Interstate cases are complicated and better left to the professionals.