Credit Reports

If a 7-year-old charged off card was sold to a lawyer who got a judgment 3 years ago and you made some payments to lawyer can the judgment be removed from your credit report due to age?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2006-03-04 18:37:13
2006-03-04 18:37:13

If the judgment was rendered 3 years ago, it will remain for at least another 4 years or it could remain for the entire period that the judgment is valid. Depending on state laws, that could be 10,20,30 or more years.


Related Questions

they are removed by the act of filing a satisfaction of judgment with the county clerks office

If a judgment goes in the bankruptcy, it can be removed. The person who the judgment was for, has the right to request that it still be paid. In most Chapter 7 situations, the judge will decide in favor of the debtor.

You can't. The fact that you have a judgment will stay with for years

The judgment is not "removed" but the judgment creditor is barred by the discharge from collecting on the judgment. Filing a c. 7 will stay the collection, but if the case is dismissed before a discharge is granted, the judgment is enforceable. If the judgment involves intentional harm or drunk driving or certain other limited situations, the discharge does not prevent collection on the judgment.

By "not yours" I assume the debt or whatever wasn't charged by you, or whatever...if you didn't file an answer to the initial lawsuit you are screwed unless you can prove fraud to the person that filed the suit...if you can, then they can probably have the judgment released, or dismiss the case without prejudice.

A release of judgment is like a pardon. It means that the court's decision has been discarded or removed.

The judgment would of come through the court system. You would need to contact the court to know who to pay. You can dispute the listing to the credit bureaus, but that doesn't mean it will be removed. They have 30 days to verify the listing and if it isn't verified it must be removed.

No. It will show that you had a judgment on your credit report for up to seven years, but it will show a zero balance.

if the receiving parent files a satisfaction of judgment with the courts the past due child support would no longer be owed.

There is no statute of limitations on a judgment. The only way a judgment can be satisfied is to pay the debt and then it will be removed from your credit report.

No that is not necessary. They can be charged on the vehicle.

no the co-signer will have to make payments or they will be removed from residence.

The expired judgment falls off your credit report when it expires or seven years after first being reported, whichever is longer.

Only the person/landlord who put the eviction on can remove it or a court judgment in your favor.

It is supposed to be removed from your report, unless the judgment was rendered for a longer period of time Or if the judgment is renewed (which is not too likely).

Something that is statically charged has had electrons added to or removed from it, thus giving it an overall electric charge. Extra electrons make for a negatively charged thing, and the stripping of electrons makes for a positively charged thing.

Unless they are ions, atoms are neutrally charged. The negatively charged electrons orbitting the nucleus neutralized the positive charges of the protons in the nucleus. neutrons do not have an electrical charge. ions are the exception to this, as they have either added or removed orbitting electrons. if an atom has electrons removed, then it is a positively charged cation. most metals form positively charged ions. if electrons are added, then it is a negatively charged anion. most non-metals form negatively charged ions.

if some of the positive charges have been either chemically removed or bonded together, that is how they become negatively charged...................... xoxo

A civil judgment release is an acknowledgment by the holder of the judgment that it has been paid in full and may now be removed from the public records as a lien. In New Jersey, when a judgment debtor pays the money owed to the judgment creditor, the judgment is said to be satisfied. The creditor is obligated to give the debtor a document called a Warrant of Satisfaction, which is the same as a release of the judgment. The debtor then files that Warrant with the office where the judgment was recorded as a lien. That office marks the judgment satisfied so that it no longer is a lien.

Normally, when a judgment is paid in full, the judgment creditor gives the debtor the release of judgement (sometimes called a warrant of satisfaction). It is then up to the debtor to file or record it because he/she wants to make sure the lien is removed.

The atom becomes a positively charged ion.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.