Best Answer

If a taxi driver hits you, and its his fault, the cab company's insurance pays.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2008-10-30 06:23:59
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


21 cards

Im with someone in the army and we want to get married asap but would he get into trouble he is 21 and im 16

What does teachorous mean

What is the first aid treatment for arterial bleeding

What is the difference between an intentional and unintentional injury

See all cards
65 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: If a taxi driver hits your car is it the drivers insurance or the owners insurance that covers the accident?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

When you do not have any insurance AND the person who took your car without permission has no insurance and causes an accident who is responsible of the other parties damages?

You hope that the other driver responsible in the crash has insurance that covers uninsured drivers and then you sue your friend!

Car Insurance Accident Prone Driver?

There are many programs out there suited for accident prone drivers. Try progressive.

If you are driving your friend car and you get in an accident would the insurance cover the claim?

Only if the insurance covers more than one driver. Check the policy.

What insurance covers medical bills in an accident where someone not on the cars insurance was driving and wrecked?

The un-insured driver will have to turn to their health insurance company for coverage if he carried no auto insurance.

What happens if both drivers involved in an accident have no insurance and no police report was filed?

If both drivers have no insurance and do not file a police report, each driver is responsible for repairing the damage to his/her own vehicle.

What happens if you have been in a car accident in a taxi and the accident was driver's fault but she had no licence and no insurance?

He gets arrested.Added: You could consult with an attorney to determine if you have a suit against the cab drivers employer. If it was an "independent" cab (driver-owned) then you might have a suit against the driver and/or his insurance company.

Will the driver's insurance pay if the owner of vehicle gave him permission and he totaled the vehicle and the owner was injured and hospitalized and the driver was also arrested for DWI?

This Depends on the type of insurance policy. A standard Auto Insurance Policy will most likely pay for permissive use so long as the driver was not excluded from the owners policy, and was not committing a felony at the time of the accident. If the Owner has a Named Driver Policy ( AKA: Drivers Policy, Non - Owners or an Operaters Policy ) then it will likely NOT pay for the drivers accident as it only covers the driver named on the policy. It will probably pay, then promptly cancel. Getting insurance just became very expensive.

Is young drivers insurance more expensive than elderly driver insurance?

Yes, young driver's insurance is typically more costly than elderly driver's insurance, as elderly drivers are considered to be "experienced". Young drivers are typically considered to be more of a liability.

Does uninsured motorist insurance pay if you hit a deer?

Uninsured motorist covers you in the case you are in an accident with another driver that does not have insurance. Comprehensive coverage is what will pay when you hit a deer.

If someone has an accident and they do not own the car but the driver sends the other party to hospital who is responsible for bodily injuries in Texas?

liability insurance goes with the driver, so the drivers insurance would pay for it. If the driver does not have insurance, then the owner of the car's insurance would pay if the vehicle was knowingly lent.

If you lend your car to another person and they have an accident are you liable?

the driver is liableHowever if you have insurance that covers the other person by name or "any other driver" then a claim can be made against your insurance. This would make a great court case depending in which state this accident takes place!

Can an accident claim be filed with your insurance and the other's driver's insurance for the same accident?

yes yes

People also asked