Auto Insurance Claims
Auto Accidents
Workers Compensation

If part of your job is driving a personal vehicle and you get into an accident that is your fault does workmens comp cover any of the expenses?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2013-02-28 05:11:51
2013-02-28 05:11:51
  • If you were doing your job at the time of the accident you should be able to file for workers compensation for your injuries and lost time at work (depending on the laws in your state).

  • If part of your job is driving a personal vehicle and you get into a car accident do I have to use workmen's comp to cover the medical expenses? If I sue the person who was at fault for the accident how would it all work?

  • In the UK you should sue the driver responsible for the accident for all losses, expenses and any personal injuries you suffer in the RTA. This will include any medical expenses you incur which ar classed as special damages. If you have medical insurance at your work place - this may well cover the expense of your medical treatment, but this cost can still be claimed from the driver who caused the accident.

Related Questions

User Avatar

It doesn't, unless the accident occurred while the person was driving a company owned vehicle and actually working on the job at the time of the accident.

User Avatar

Workmens comp. only covers work related accidents, you have to actually be doing your job when you are injured to get workmans compensation.

User Avatar

It could have a very serious effect if you have an accident while intoxicated.

User Avatar

No. Because:You were off-duty.You were illegally driving a vehicle while intoxicated. That wouldn't even be listed as an accident if you were drunk, on duty and driving a military vehicle. Being drunk is not an accident.

User Avatar

Well, I would assume so. You were driving the car, and you were in control. If I am right, you can't blame your driving school for the accident. So in my personal opinion, yes, it is your fault! :[

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.