If the child turns 18 but has not graduated and decides to move to the non custodial parents home at that time will the custodial parent have to start paying child support?

That is first dependent on state and when support ends in your state. Also, it will take months to get the modification, depending on the state. In Missouri, after 30 days, the support order can be stopped. see links below