Debt and Bankruptcy

If you have a charged off debt past 7 years can a new company get a collection company to collect the debt?


User Avatar
Wiki User

I don't know what state you reside in, or how the debt is classified However, it seems possible that the SOL has expired. Write the company and ask for a confirmation of the debt. Don't do anything until you receive it, and check the SOL in state pertaining to the type of debt you have.