Best Answer

If it is a loan, you have to pay it back. If it's a grant or scholorship, you don't. Doesn't matter who you got the loan through.

User Avatar

Wiki User

2006-04-16 22:01:25
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Who was the father of rationalism

What is discretionary spending within a budget

What provides a bank with collateral on a car loan

Which is one way that credit cards differ from debit cards

See all cards
21 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: If you have a student loan from Sallie Mae and you dropped out after two semesters do you still have to pay it back?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

How do I apply for a student loan through Sallie Mae?

Yes, Sallie Mae still offers student loans and applications can be done online at They require a co-signer for the loan to be approved.

Can you still do good if you failed 3 semesters?

You certain can still do very well even if you've failed 3 semesters. Just work on your concentration and study.

What is a trustworthy student loan company?

"Sallie Mae is one popular student loan company. Also, some schools can recommend a company to students. Filling out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) could also help find low-interest student loans, as well as scholarships and grants that are not paid back." Edit: While it is popular, I would greatly hesitate in saying it is trustworthy as they along with Nelnet were part of 9.5 scandal. Go with federal loans if possible. Even though companies like Sallie Mae will service them, you still get the rights and reliefs that the federal government offers as opposed to getting a private loan from Sallie Mae.

What grade level would you be in college if you have completed 2 full-time semesters?

Since most college "years" are 3 to 4 semesters, you would still be a freshman.

What is the meaning of (be still)?

Still a student

What is the meaning of still studying?

Still a student

If a misdemeanor is dropped in court will it still show on your record?

Yes. The arrest will still appear there along with the notation indicating the case was "dropped" (or "dismissed" or "whatever")

What grade level of college are you with 46 hours?

Consider that a full time student takes a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester, with minimum two semesters per year. That equals 24 credit hours per year, 48 in two years. So, a college student with 46 credit hours is still a sophomore. A different perspective puts a 46 hour student as a Junior (30-50 credit hours).

What is a 3 quarter-time student?

Still a part time student.

Are student loans reported on credit history if still a student?


If you cosign a student loan will you still be eligible for a student loan for yourself?


Is Suicide still in TNA?

In October 2010 the gimmick was dropped.

People also asked