Asked in
Rules of the Road
Driver's License

If you lied about your age many years ago to get your driver's license early how can you correct this now?


User Avatar
Wiki User
July 15, 2015 7:29PM

It should not be a difficult matter. And you should not be worried about any recriminations. Take a copy of your birth or baptismal certificate or whatever is acceptable proof of age in Indiana. Tell them a mistake was made on your Illinois license and you want to correct it. Not a big deal.

I agree, but why make a special trip and pay extra money? The next time your license needs to be renewed just take your birth certificate, etc., and tell the issuer in your state that your age is wrong. It should not be illegal to simply HAVE a drivers license with the wrong date as long as you are not using the date for fraudulent purposes. Afterall, the DMV makes mistakes all the time.