Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2008-05-18 01:04:08

If you want him to have insurance cover in the event of an accident you should add him to your policy. Any body that is not on your insurance policy should NOT drive your car, if they have an accident you'll have big problems.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

Yes. You can add and have an obligation to add anyone who drives your vehicles. This does not mean that you can add their vehicles onto your policy. You cannot insure a vehicle that you do not own.

If he is a member of your household or if he drives your vehicle then yes he must be added to your insurance policy. A member of your household includes students away at college. A student at college does not count as not living with you because their residence is still your house.

If your daughter does not live with you but drives your vehicles then she is still required to be listed as a driver on your policy. The policy states that all household members and regular drivers must be listed. A regular driver is anyone who drives your vehicles sometimes. This does not mean you can add a car titled to her on your policy even if she is listed as a driver but she is still required to be listed as a driver on your policy. If she is an adult driver it probably won't cost you anything anyway.

Yes, as long as you add her as a regular driver on your insurance policy.

You add them when they get their drivers license, or anytime after that.

You will have to check with your insurance company. Many insurance companies will cover a driver when you have loaned them your car but have age restrictions.

I heard you do not have to add your 16 year old to your car insurance policy since he/she will only be driving your insured car. Is this true?

If the 16 year old grandchild lives in your home or drives your vehicles then yes you are required to add him or her you your insurance as a primary or secondary driver depending on how much they drive.

This may vary based on your insurance carrier and the state you live in, but my insurance company told me I was unable to add my son to my policy if he lived with the other parent. If fact, the other parent refused to add him to their policy, and I was still unable to add him to mine because he did not "live" in my home. Our only alternative was to find a company which would set him up on his own policy, which I've been told is generally not allowed. Hope this helps.

You can add your roommate to your auto policy as a driver but you cannot add their vehicle to your policy. You cannot insure a vehicle you do not own and since you have no legal relationship with a roommate you cannot add a vehicle they own to your policy. You do have an obligation to add them as a driver on your policy if they ever drive your car.

Only if he as a multiple driver policy. If not, then no, you would not be covered in the event of an accident. He could add you to his policy- just call the insurance company with the details. Not unless she is listed as atleast an occasional operator on his insurance policy.

Cancel the forced insurance policy and add terms and conditions to your homeowner policy.

As long as she has your permission, she can drive the vehicle and she will be covered. If she drives it more than a few times, you should add her to the policy.

Double check with your insurance agent, but I think you can. I believe you can add ANY licensed driver to your policy, although it may cost more. (Businesses, for example, frequently insure a lot of different people as drivers.) In some states you can also get an insurance policy that will cover anyone who drives your car, as long as they have a license. It just costs extra.

Yes, You can add any person to your policy whom you wish to designate as a covered driver.

Yes, you can add your grandson to your car insurance policy. Speak to your insurance broker.

Add her to your policy, but make her understand this is to help her out, and if she behaves irresponsibly, she on her own for insurance coverage .

Add him in what capacity? If it's an auto policy and you want to add him as a driver, that's fine. If you want him to be named on a homeowner's policy, it can only be done if he has actual interest in the property.

I'm not sure what you mean by covered. She needs to be listed as a driver if she drives any of your vehicles. You cannot add her vehicle to your policy if that is what you mean. No one can add a vehicle to their policy if the vehicle is not titled in their name. The only exception is husband and wife situations. Whether or not you are adulterous makes not difference to the insurance company really.

It depends where you live. * Where I live it's legal for an 18-year-old to DATE (and note, I said DATE, not have sexual contact) with a 16-year-old IF the 16-year-old's parents are okay with it. Please do not change my answer :) If you have something to add, then 'add' an answer. The original answer I gave is correct, regardless of what state you live in (and I

All drivers should be listed on your policy to be a covered driver. you should add your child to your auto policy for proper coverage.

In the state of Texas you do not have to list your child on your policy. If living in your home you can enlist a separate policy for that child. If living in another home it is never a requirement to have them on your policy although there are some policies which certain insurance companies write which require the child on your policy while living in your residence.

Well if you don't need a CD Drive unplug it and attach the two new drives to that cable. You could add another IDE controller in an empty PCI slot, then you could add more drives to it.

No. In this state you must have a separate insurance policy for each car. Your area may be different. Why don't you call your agent and see. In another state it is possible to list two cars on one policy. I have no idea where you live or what the law is there.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.