Best Answer

If there is a court order in place requiring you to pay support the answer is obviously..Yes. If the children have been removed by CFS or whatever it is called in your state. You will be notified at the hearing as to your financial obligations. There is always a Family Court hearing whenever children are taken into protective custody. If they are living with a relative, or spouse then that is a different matter. This is a situation where you should seek legal counsel.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2015-07-15 19:25:14
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: If your children have been temporarily removed from your home do you have to pay child support?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

Can child support arrears be removed if the child now 19 is not mine?


If you pay child support do you have rights to your children?

you have the rights to your children because its your money and love that you paid for child support

Can you temporarily suspend child support in Illinois?

You will have to petition the Court to alter your child support agreement. Any changes, even temporary, would have to be acceptable to the Court.

Does an unemployed person have any responsibility over his children incase of divorce?

Yes. That person should inform the court of their status and child support obligations may be temporarily reduced.

Can you get child tax with no income but child support?

No, children are not taxed.

Child support is based off of what?

Child support is based of how much the main guardian spends on the child/children.

How do you abate child support?

By filing a motion in the court that issued the order for support, showing cause why support should be abated (i.e., temporarily stopped).

Can child support be terminated if child is removed from custodial parents home due to abuse?

Yes the child support can be revoked since the parent receiving support is no longer legally supporting the child

Child support and disabled child?

Although support for most children ends when the child attains majority, completes school and/or becomes emancipated, support for severely disabled children often continues into the child's adult years.

How can you avoid child support?

Don't have children.

What happens to child support when a child is removed by dyfs?

When the State assumes guardianship of a child, both parents become liable for child support, payable to the State as reimbursement.

Can a grandparent keep child support after a child moves out in CO?

The child support goes to the one who have custody. If the grandparent still do and the child has just moved out temporarily, they will still get it. If the child is under 18 and has moved they also still get it unless the child is emancipated. If the child is 18 the child support generally end but it depends on the state laws and/or what you have written in the child support agreement.

People also asked