Children and the Law
Child Support

If your married but you and your husband are most likely getting a divorce and you have an unborn child can the father sign his rights over and not have to pay child support?



User Avatar
Wiki User

No. He can sign over his rights but he would still be liable to pay child support. The only time he doesn't have to pay child support is if a stepdad wanted to adopt the child, then the biological father doesn't have to pay child support if he signs his rights away.