No, and there are many reasons for this:
1. Firstly, they are a protected species, so it would be illegal to keep one.
2. They are endangered, have a restricted habitat, and only live on a few islands in Indonesia.
3. They are the world's largest lizard and are extremely powerful. They have large claws and sharp teeth and it would take quite a few people to handle one. Komodo dragons do not usually attack people, preferring other game such as deer. But there are documented cases of them stalking and killing human beings.
4. Since they do feed on carrion (dead animals) their mouths are filled with toxic bacteria. Infections by these organisms would be a serious factor in treating a bite wound.
5. The main danger of a Komodo dragon's bite, however, is due not to bacteria that live on its teeth, but to venom. Recent research has discovered that the bite of the Komodo dragon delivers a powerful poison which actually thins the blood, increasing blood flow and creating a state of shock in the victim. The sharp, serrated teeth of a komodo dragon are used to open a gaping wound in its prey, enabling the venom to flow easily.
6. During mating season they become extra aggressive, and there is no cage that could keep one in during the mating season.
Not only is it unsafe to have a komodo dragon for a pet, it would be illegal. Komodo dragons are a protected species, and are listed as "vulnerable".
Komodo Dragons can reach 2-3m in length. They have an unusual venom which induces shock in victims they bite - if shock does not already set in, due to the large, ragged, vicious bites they can inflict.
There are many smaller lizards known as "dragons" which may be purchased legally.
Yes it is illegal. Komodo dragons are classified on the IUCN Red List as "Vulnerable". Because of this, they are a protecited species.
No. It is legal to have a bearded dragon as a pet.
A pet lizard is not something you can keep secret for very long. They require a lot of care and are hard to hide.
you f it then u can keep it
It's illegal to keep a pet tiger.
Make a little captivity for the lizard.Then,call or go to a lizard expert and see what type of lizard it is.After all of that YOU have a new lizard pet.
Please see the Related link below for some things you will need to consider if you DO catch a mole to keep as a pet.
I may be illegal to keep one as a pet, if you have gotten it from the wild where you live. But it is usually okay to keep them as pets if you get them from pet shops or breeders.
Well depending on certain terms and conditions, like if it is very small like a new born lizard, then you could, but if it is large then you may not be able to.
Only in Delhi.
Yes if they know how to take care of it.
You can't, it is illegal to keep one without a permit.
mhm.....unless you have a permit