Child Support

Is it possible to obtain a record of income for child support issues without a lawyer?

User Avatar
Wiki User
November 02, 2004 1:06PM

Employment and/or tax records such as proof of income are covered by the privacy act. There is no reason, that you cannot file a petition with the court for an order of disclosure of income and assets. Court clerks are required to give you the information, and documents needed. There is of course a filing fee. Any documents you provide will be under oath. It is important that you be truthful and as factual as possible. Contact the Family/Domestic court in your jurisdiction.