If the door lock makes noise when pressing the lock/unlock button, - like a buzzing or clicking, - chances are the door lock motor is working but the actuator clutch has snapped.
If no noise coming from lock, go ahead and plan on replacing the whole actuator, either with a new one(around $80)- or used one from a junk yard (around $10).
If it is making noise, I found a real easy way to fix it if you don't mind taking things apart.
1. remove inside door trim panel.
2. follow lock knob rod down till you spot acuator (wires going into).
3. remove 3 small screws that are in a triangle pattern where acuator meets lock assembly.
4. wiggle actuator and pull out of door.
5. now replace and reverse steps - OR for clutch fix go to next step.
6. remove 4 screws from actuator cover.
7. notice the small spring that is below the motor gears. it probably has stressed and broken the plastic that held it into the clutch,
drill a small hole in the housing big enough for a 8/32 machine screw - inline with the spring.
put 8/32 screw in the hole and place a 8/32 nut on the inside of the housing.
now tighten the screw so the spring gets pushed back and into the clutch to its old position.
check the operation of the actuator now.
if it is fixed, reassemble and reinstall.
I did this to 2 of mine and saved $160.
Need to know which actuator you want to change.
Has a bad blend doot actuator. It is under the dash near the ducts, and it looks very hard to change.
It is mounted to the drivers side taillight lens inside the trunk. It simply unplugs from the lens.
I dont know for sure where the fuel filter is on an 88 accord,I used to own an 84 accord and it had 2 of them.One was the main located inside rear drivers side tire near gas tank.the backup was on drivers side in engine compartment on left side of carb..hope this helps.
Remove the inside door panel. Remove the linkage from the actuator. Remove the retaining nut from the actuator. Reverse the process to install the new actuator.
i wana change speaker for 2003 Honda accord
How to change the alternator in a 1989 Honda accord lx
how to change manual ignition switch on a 93 Honda accord
remove door panel unscrew actuator pull wire out replace new part
how do you change a 1998 Honda accord front wheel bearing
The 1994 Honda Accord is not equipped with a cabin filter.