Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2009-11-10 23:33:42

The best I can say is "it depends..."

Read your policy and check to see if there are any exclusions that apply to renting the property vs. living in it as the homeowner. A policy specifically designed for rental property should include such hazards. If your policy excludes using it as a rental, then you may not be covered at all.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

If you have contents coverage on your renters policy, Not just liability for the landlord and the television was damaged by a covered peril then yes it would be covered.

The landlords insurance would cover the hotel costs if your apartment was damaged under a covered insurance loss. Your tenants insurance would also provide coverage as well.

Yes, appliances, furnishings and other permanent fixtures of the home are generally covered under the unscheduled contents portion of your home insurance policy up to the specified limits for contents.Appliances are covered for the same perils that the rest of the house is covered for, Typical covered perils are Fire, wind, hail, theft, etc.Bear in mind that your home insurance policy does not provide warranty for appliances. They must have been in good working order and damaged by a covered peril to be eligible for coverage.

If you rent an apartment, you don't need homeOWNERS insurance, but you you definitely need Renters Insurance, which is a form of homeowners insurance. Most renters' policies will protect your personal belongings from perils such as theft and fire. It will also reimburse you the cost of additional living expenses if your apartment or rented home is damaged by a covered peril. A renters policy will also give you liability insurance; don't thnk for a minute that if someone falls in your apartment that only your landlord will be sued. If your dog bites someone, it will also protect you if you get sued.

No, but it makes sense to buy renter's insurance since it is so cheap and can help you replace your goods if they are ever stolen or damaged.

Yes, you are correct. Items in your vehicle that are damaged in an accident or fire or whatever are not covered by you auto insurance unless they are part of your vehicle. The alternative is that they are covered on your homeowners insurance. The downfall to this is that you will have a deductible on your homeowners insurance that you will have to meet first.

In Minnesota it is required by law to have renter's insurance. This is due to the fact that if your home is ever damaged then you must have the insurance in order to cover the damage to the owner.

Renters insurance can be purchased for an apartment or rented home or condo. Most standard policies come with contents coverage, liability coverage, and reimbursement for external living expenses in the event that your residence is significantly damaged. Here is an informative article I found on how to find affordable renters insurance:

The damaged pool should be covered by home owners insurance if you had the pool added to the insurance for coverage

Most Renters Insurance has a Liability component as well as personal property coverage. So if the fire was the renters fault the landlord could sue the renter then the liability insurance would pay.

no animals are not covered property under HO policy

The moving company should have their own insurance if items were damaged during the moving process, if not I would get a lawyer!

If your drain field is covered on your insurance policy then you could certainly file a claim on it. Contact your insurer to determine if it is covered,

If your garage doors were damaged by a covered peril as defined by your home insurance policy then the door would be covered.

This depends 100% on two things:What damaged the flueAnd are you covered for that type of damage

If damaged due to a covered peril such As Fire, Wind, Hail, etc,, yes it's covered subject to your deductible.. If damaged to due to wear and tear, No, it would not be covered.

For water damaged household goods, you would require flood insurance if the water damage was caused by flood. Otherwise, homeowners insurance or renters insurance would quite possibly work depending on whether you own or rent your home.

Auto insurance covers damage caused during an accident. If the engine is damaged during an accident that's covered. If it's damaged for any other reason then that isn't covered.

If they are damaged by a covered cause then yes. I believe you are referring to damage caused by lack of maintenance and in that case they are not covered. It is specifically your responsibility to maintain the home and homeowners insurance is not designed to do this. If you have a fire or a tornado rips off your roof then the facia boards are covered along with other items damaged.

Carpet DamageYes, if it was damaged due to a covered peril under your policy it will be covered.

This would be covered under Malicious or accidental damage if your insurance company provides this.