The non custodial parent and you were never married and he owe over 7000 in child support and it is not court ordered for visitation Do you have to tell him if you are leaving town or the state?

You are never required to notify the other parent directly, however if custody was ever addressed in court you may be required to notify the family court if you intend to move out of state with the child. This is to ensure that the court can protect the rights of the child and the non custodial parent. In your situation since no visitation was ever ordered you shouldn't have a problem taking the child out of state.