If you know someone from Haiti, try and get in touch to help them calm down and hear a familiar voice in these chaotic times.
For those of us who believe in the power of prayer, keep the people of Haiti in your hearts and minds and prayers.More ideas:Here is a list of other things you can do to help:
1. List of Disaster responses:
a. UNICEF and CARE: http://www.Google.com/relief/haitiearthquake/
b. Clinton Bush Haiti Fund: http://www.whitehouse.gov/HaitiEarthquake
c. Red Cross http://www.redcross.org/
2. The earthquake occurred on 12 January 2010. People will start dying of thirst and hunger after 7-20 days.
3. Scour the news and list here exactly what deliveries of water and food have made it to which regions. It's not enough that mountains of water bottles or food are left without transport.
4. Digg to raise awareness http://digg.com/world_news/Please_Help_The_People_of_Haiti - Continue to boost hits on other new sites, comment on articles, rate them high, anything to boost popularity. The more minds working the problem the better.
5. Never let a good crisis go to waste. The neighboring country, the Dominican Republic is going to be important in getting earth-movers to clean up the rubble and build new infrastructure. There is political strife, this may spur new cooperation.
6. Post images of damaged residential buildings, the date and time of the photo and exactly where they are to coordinate where most of the relief should be focused.What one elementary school is doing to help:My school, Hannah Elementary in Beverly, Mass, raised about $2,000. We had a fundraiser called "Hats For Haiti" where anyone who donated a dollar (or more) could wear a hat. My class raised $80 and we only had 18 kids in that day.
The US military is in Haiti to continue to provide food and support for earthquake disaster relief.
a massive earthquake hit haiti.
Haiti was devastated by an earthquake in January 2010.
Convoy of Hope is an international relief agency that is already mobilizing to help the victims of the earthquake. Their disaster response capabilities are advanced, as shown after the earthquake in Haiti. Visit convoyofhope.org to see how you can help.
Rachael A. Donlon has written: 'Haiti' -- subject(s): Social conditions, Politics and government, Economic conditions, Haiti Earthquake, Haiti, 2010, Earthquake relief
NewOrleans, (hurricane), Haiti, (earthquake),Japan (earthquake)Srilanka(tsunami), Turkey (earhquake), Chile (earthquake)
An earthquake which completely destroyed the country.
An example of a natural disaster would be the earthquake in Haiti. An example of a human-made disaster would be the London Fire.
Haiti's disaster was the largest and most destructive disaster in Haiti's history. Haiti is a poor country with a poor government, and with the massive earthquake that hit Haiti homes, tents, huts and many places were wiped off. In the Philippines, when the flood is over, the homes of many people remain where they are.
It is the strongest earthquake that has ever been in Haiti.
There was a big earthquake in 2010 in Haiti. The earthquake was 7.0
Because a lot of people got hurt and they will need help to get over the disaster there was there.
Yes. Some people described as the worst natural disaster in history! Many lives were lost in Haiti and it will take a while until everything is normal once more.
All kinds of people are involved i am currently in haiti helping out and we have many air force bases and President Barack Obama is helping out and all the relief fundraisers going on for haiti...
Haiti did have an earthquake on 12 January 2010.
Haiti's earthquake happend in 2010.
The earthquake in Haiti stopped on January 13,2010
The Haiti earthquake affected Haiti with loss of homes' and less crops which leads to Draught and Famine
Earthquakes and hurricanes. Earthquakes are: FAY, GUSTAV,HANNA and IKE.
Yes, Lady Gaga is a philanthropist. Gaga has contributed to various charities for natural disaster relief, such as Hurricane Sandy and the 2010 Haiti Earthquake relief. She is also an advocate for LGBT and immigration rights and she created the Born This Way Foundation (BTWF) to empower youth and build better communities.
Yes. The Bill and Melina Gates Foundation gave two grants to help with the relief efforts after the January 2010 Haiti disaster. They provided a $1 million grant to the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) to support initial humanitarian relief efforts. They provided an additional $500,000 grant to Partners in Health (PIH) to support medical needs (facilities, supplies, blankets, and other essential items). See related links for a statement from the Foundation about their support in Haiti.
The magnitude of Haiti's recent earthquake was 7.0
The earthquake in Haiti began on the 12th of January 2010