Asked in Religion & SpiritualityIslamQuran (Koran)Punjab India
Religion & Spirituality
What are the Aryan holy books?
October 10, 2013 3:46AM
- The Rig Veda: contains hymns about their mythology.
- The Sama Veda: consists mainly of hymns about religious rituals.
- The Yajur Veda: contains instructions for religious rituals.
- The Atharva Veda: consists of spells against enemies, sorcerers, and diseases.
Each Veda was further divided into two sections:
- The Samhita: mantras or hymns in praise of various deities
- The Brahmanas: instructions for religious rituals.
Asked in Hinduism
What were the roots of Hinduism. Where issue of a founder holy books holy places sacred animals What was the effects of the beliefs and or practices?
Asked in Judaism, Religion & Spirituality
What are some of the the religious books called?
There are many holy books to help sustain different faiths. There are Catholic holy books, there are Jewish holy books, there are Muslim holy books, there are Christian holy books, and many other types of holy books for differing faiths. It helps to know which faith you are wanting to learn about. There are many online sources for differing faiths.
What is the holy book of the Sikhs and one of the holy books of the Jews?
Asked in Hinduism, Old Testament, History of India
In what language were the all the Hindu holy books written?
Asked in Judaism, Tanakh and Talmud, Old Testament
What are the holy books and places of worship for Judaism?
Asked in Books and Literature
What empire recorded their stories and songs in books of knowledge?