What are the main duties of a security manager in a hotel?
· The Security Officer is responsible for safety and security of guests, workers and hotel buildings
· Crime prevention and investigation
· Security systems including security patrols, surveillance systems, door locking mechanisms, control of restricted areas, monitoring of master keys, etc.
· Initiating or maintaining policies and procedures for general safety and security
· Training of staff for emergency procedures
· Inspections relating to hotel security
· Regular security meetings
· Supervising the security team effectively (i.e. monitoring whether security guards do their job properly)
· Maintaining good working relationships with management and members of other departments
· Keeping up-to-date with world news and hospitality security trends
as well as plenty of other duties.