answersLogoWhite

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2014-05-09 11:31:33

According to the U.S. National Weather Service, the odds of being struck by lightning -- in your lifetime -- are 1 in 5,000.

The odds of being struck in any given year: 1 in 700,000

According to NOAA, it's 1/6250.

001
๐Ÿ™
0
๐Ÿคจ
0
๐Ÿ˜ฎ
0
๐Ÿ˜‚
0
User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions


Your odds of being struck by lightning at any time is about 1 in 250,000. If you are playing golf and there is lightning, your odds drop to about 1 in 10,000.


No. The odds of being struck by lightning are slim as it is, but to be struck twice? Not common but it has happened...


According to FSU the odds of a floridian being struck by lighting at some poing in their life is 1 in 3,000


Lightning is not a weapon but it is very dangerous. The odds of being struck by lightning is 1 in 3000.


Highly variable, but from 5 to 7 figures, depending upon location. The odds of one of these being struck by lightning might go to hundreds or even tens to one in the right conditions.


According to the US Government's National Weather Service (NWS) website:The odds of being struck by lightening in a given year (based on reported deaths and injuries) is: 1/750,000*The odds of being struck by lightning in a given year (estimated total deaths + injuries) is 1/500,000*The odds of being struck by lightning in your lifetime (80 Years) is 1/6250.**Assuming a US Population of 300 millionPlease see related link.


The odds of being struck by lightning are 576,000 to 1.The odds of being killed by lightning are2,320,000 to 1.The odds of winning the UK lotto are 1 in 13,983,816 (approx 1 in 14million).So, you're more likely to get hit by lightning than win the lottery.


average number of people hit by lightning each year / total number of people


Florida has the the highest lightning strike density in the USA. There are about 8 million lightning strikes around the world each day. The odds of being struck by lightning in your life are 5000 to 1. The earth is struck by lightning 100 times each second.


About 1 in 300,000 for it to happen in an entire lifetime. With one shower .... Probably in the billions to one.


the odds of being kidnapped is 1:610,000. You are more likely to be struck by lightning two and a half times than to be kidnapped as a child.


You have bigger chance of being struck by lightning than becoming a successful actor. If you live in LA and are serious your chances are higher.



You're chances of being hit by lightning are about 1 in 5,000.


The primary safety hazard of lightning is being struck by lightning. Other hazards include:being struck by something that has been struck by lightning or damaged by accompanying windsbeing carried away or drowned by flooding that often accompany severe lightening storms.



Stay indoors during a lightning storm.


No, being struck by lightning is often fatal.


The chance of being struck by lightning is 576,000 to 1. The chance of being killed by lightning is 2,320,000 to 1.


Odds are you'll have severe burns over your body, if you are still alive. Go to the hospital asap.


Being struck by lightning is unlike a physical blow. there is no 'hardness' to it.


To prevent being struck by lightning:Don't use cellphone or electronic gadget when its lightning.Don't use a computer when lightning is in the area.Don't use a landline phone when lightning is in the area.Stay inside during a thunderstorm.


Only if it doesn't kill you.


The odds of getting struck by lightning in the shower over the course of an entire lifetime is about 1/300,000. It is incredibly rare. Out of all people who have been struck by lightning, 98% were outside. That leaves only 2% indoors. So the chance is very, very low, but still possible.


You have a better chance of being struck by lightning only because there is more opportunity for lightning to strike you. However make no mistake about it, if you are in waters where sharks are known to be, you have a much greater chance of being eaten by a shark then.



Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.