Wiccan Religion - Pros
Wiccan Religion - Cons
- You feel more connected to nature and life. Wicca is a nature religion.
- There can be more believable results than pure faith religions.
- You get more positive about yourself and abilities.
- You get more positive about life and other people.
- You can help people as well as yourself.
- You feel as if you have more control in life and what happens around you.
- You will develop more skills as you go along.
- You feel there is someone or something listening to you and guiding you.
- You get a sense of purpose in your life.
- You get a sense of purpose in life in general
- You're the boss and it's up to you what you do or don't believe.
- It is 'a way of life'- due to having beliefs and actions intertwined in order to 'work'.
- It does take every day practice and dedication to really get good.
- You have to have or develop an ability to believe in more than coincidences. (Although this can also be a pro)
- You have to be able to equalize all your emotions no matter what you want, why you want it, or how much you want it. You cannot do spells based on emotions like anger or jealously.
- You are encouraged to spend much time and effort to improve your wisdom and powers, which...
- Can isolate you from other people, which may cause loneliness. The best way to combat this is to manage your time. Set aside a specific time which you practice, be it before bed, in the middle of the day, or right after you awake, whenever is convenient.
- Can harm your regular work or study, but again, time management is a must.
- May cause disappointment if you do not succeed. However, sometimes the result you are looking for does not come out how you want to. For example, you do a spell to bring love into your life. You expect a lover, but instead you get a puppy.
It is important to remember that Wicca is still a religion and has Gods, Goddesses, rules and need for faith like all religions.
A good deal of the older, more experienced practitioners seem to be less willing to help you along your path. There is a great deal of personal responsibility in the Wiccan religion. However, there are people who don't mind helping someone new to the Craft, giving tips and such. They will not do it for you; each path is different and unique unto the practitioner.
There are a few things that fall in the "both" category.
- You are responsible for your actions. You reap what you sow. If you do a negative spell, you receive negativity. It you do a positive spell, you will receive positive results. This is a very, very important aspect of Wicca.
- Your magickal results will differ. Again, if you do a spell for love, you might get a boyfriend/girlfriend, or you might get something else, like a puppy. The Gods/Universe will give you what you need, but what you need isn't necessarily what you want.
- You are in direct contact with the Gods.This seems to be like a pro, but the con side is that if you mess up, you get the full punishment of your God or Goddess. They will come straight to you, and demand answers.