What are the similarities and differences of the French and English languages?
The English and the French languages have vocabulary in common. Some of that vocabulary is in the form of strictly French loan words. Some is in the form of Latin loan words. This linguistic interaction was particularly strong during the two centuries after the Norman Conquest. For the Conquest, in 1066, was the last successful invasion of England. It was carried out by French and French-related language speakers from northern France. Otherwise, the languages are different in their grammars, organizations, pronunciations, and spellings. For English descends from the Germanic language family through its origins in the tribes of Angles and Saxons in early Britain. French descends from the Romance language family through its origins in the ancient interaction between the classical Latin of the ancient, conquering Romans and the native languages of the native inhabitants of Gaul.
Both derive, as so-called Romance languages, from Latin (as does English, also). As such, many words are similar, with slight differences; ENGLISH FRENCH SPANISH by contrast GERMAN difference difference diferencia Unterschied similarity similitude similitud Aehnlichkeit man homme hombre Mann NB The English-German 'man/Mann' similarity (as against 'homme/hombre'), deriving from the Anglo-Saxon element in English.
Kinyarwanda, French and English (all official). Also, Swahili. World Almanac & Book of Facts 2007 The natives of Rwanda speak Kinyarwanda. Official languages are Kinyarwanda, French and English. Also to a lesser extent Swahili and Amashi The official language of Rwanda is "Kinyarwanda". It is very similar to "Kirundi" (the language of Burundi). Kinyarwanda belongs to the family of Bantu languages. The administrative language of Rwanda is the English. Rwandan, English and French KINYARWANDA French…
English and French are the two official languages because of Canada's history. The French were the first to arrive in Canada and the English came after. The English and the French had always hated each other and the English wanted more land, therefore they fought. The English won the war, but they allowrd the French to keep Quebec. So now English and French are the two official languages.
Announcements are not made in three languages all the time. All announcements are made in English and French (the languages of the International Olympic Committee) and that of the host country. For example: London 2012 - English and French Beijing 2008 - English, French and Mandarin Athens 2004 - English, French and Greek Sydney 2000 - English and French etc.
Turkish is an Altaic/Turkic language whilst English is an Indo-European language. So Turkish and English are the distinct languages. Beside that, Turkish loaned many words from Indo-European languages such as Persian, English or French. Some examples for that: From French: İstasyon (station) From Persian: Birader (brother), Şeker (Sugar), From English: Futbol (football), Basketbol (basketball), Voleybol (volleyball), Kariyer (Carrier)
The official languages of all of the provinces of Canada are English and French, but as of 2011, about 80% of people in Alberta speak English. The other 20% are mainly french and immigrant languages. Very few people in Alberta speak Native American languages. The Alberta people speak English and French(i think). English is the primary language in Alberta. Mainly English but sometimes French is in there a little bit too.
Four benefits of learning French may be: - Speak a better English. French and English languages are connected. - be exposed to a different culture. Knowing differences and similarities between cultures, enhances yours. - getting to understand directly, without the help of others, directions, menus, all practical information useful to travel in many countries on all continents. - make yourself understood to someone using French. Convey your ideas, communicate. You don't even have to speak…
Most of Canada speaks English. (They also speak "Francias") Yes Canada is an English speaking country. Other languages are spoken including Spanish and Asian languages. __ Canada is a bilingual country - English and French. French and English are Canada's Official Languages. While more Canadians speak English than speak French, the two Official Languages have equal status.