What are the steps for completing mission 4?
MISSION 4: AVALANCHE RESCUE
1. Talk with Gary the Gadget Guy.
Keep talking with G until you can ask him, "Where can I find the life preserver shooter?"
2. Click the Gadget Room security door to enter the Gadget Room.
3. Find the life preserver shooter on the top shelf of the case, and put it in your inventory.
4. Use your spy phone to teleport to the Lodge.
5. To the right of the back door that leads to the ice-fishing hole, grab the fishing pole and put it in your inventory.
6. Teleport to the Light House.
7. Grab the rope hanging out of the rowboat, and put it in your inventory.
8. Climb the stairs to the Beacon, and find the telescope.
9. Take your spy phone from your inventory, and click the flashing-red light at the top of the phone.
10. Click the wrench that pops out, and click the wrench on the bolt that is attaching the telescope to the railing.
11. Put the portable telescope in your inventory.
12. Teleport to the Sport Shop.
13. Remove the brown belt from the lime-green penguin mannequin (or would that be penguinequin?), and put it in your inventory.
14. Exit through the door, out to the Ski Village.
15. Look around, and you see a brown penguin crying.
16. Talk to the penguin.
The penguin tells you the ski lift is broken and asks if you can fix it.
17. From your inventory, take the brown belt, click it on the ski lift, and attach it to the motor.
18. At the foot of the ski lift, pick up the white fur and put it in your inventory.
19. Go back into the Sport Shop, and go through the door to Gary's Room.
20. Look around to find the tripod in front of a window in Gary's Room.
21. From your inventory, take the telescope, and click it on the tripod.
22. Click the telescope to look through it.
You see a bunch of paths leading from the top of the mountain down to four stranded penguins.
Your task is to make your way down the paths to the four penguins and rescue them. The correct path is different each time you do the mission, so grab a pencil and write down the path that leads to the penguins. It can be a little tricky, but the easiest way is to work from the base of the mountain up to the top-from the four penguins back up-and note which paths to take. It's kind of like doing a maze in reverse. You also can just guess, if you can't be bothered.
23. On a piece of paper, write down which paths lead from the top of the mountain down to the four penguins.
24. Teleport to the Mountain.
Note the odd footprints.
25. Click the run to start your trip down the path.
26. Each time you come to an intersection of paths, look at your notes to see which is the right path to take.
At the bottom of the path, you see crashed tubes and a broken fence.
27. In your inventory, put the fishing pole on the life preserver shooter …
…and then put the rope on the contraption.
28. Click the fishing-pole-life-preserver-shooter contraption on the edge of the cliff.
You see the four penguins and a life preserver tied to a rope.
29. Click the tangled branches to the right to clear them away with the preserver.
30. Click the first penguin, in the middle, to have it grab the life preserver.
31. With the first penguin clinging to the preserver, click the penguin over on the right.
You now have two penguins hanging from the preserver.
32. Position the two penguins over the branch the first penguin was standing on, and click the branch.
You place a penguin on the branch. The penguin bends the branch out of the way, so the other penguin still on the preserver can reach the third penguin.
33. Click to the right of the penguin on the branch.
The penguin on the preserver drops down and picks up the third penguin.
34. Click the penguin on the branch to collect the three penguins on the preserver.
35. Over the the left, click the ledge three times, to the left of the boulder, to safely put the three penguins down.
The three penguins push the boulder over the ledge.
36. Now, click the three penguins again to collect them on the preserver.
37. With the three penguins on the preserver, click between the ledge and the branch to swoop down and rescue the fourth penguin.
38. Back on the mountain top, put away your contraption, talk with G again, and give him the white fur.
39. Be sure to collect your medal, gift, and letter.