Best Answer

Answer You are a mother ... fight!!!!! You can seek out legal counsel and go to court to fight for the rights of your children. If your ex has any record of abuse against you or your children (or both) you can fight this in a court of law and get either partial or hopefully full custody of your child(ren). If you can't afford legal counsel then seek out your local Women's Abuse Centers (you can go to Mental Health or your local law enforcement agency and ask them where these centers are) and fight through them. They have people who will help you fight for your rights in court to get your children back .......... OR When your ex keeps forcing you to give up custody he is breaking the law! Seek out legal advice and if necessary (and you have proof) go to the media for help. People don't take kindly to any man (or woman) being abusive with the other partner or children involved.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2015-02-22 02:39:33
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: What can you do when an abusive father threatened you to give up custody and now refuses to follow the court order to give you visitation rights and any placement?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

Can an abusive father get custody or visitation of the child?

He will not get custody, but he can get supervised visitation.

Is modification of custody the same as modification of visitation?

if it involves joint custody

How do you get visitation if your ex has full custody?

You may arrange visitation through the courts.

How do you file for custody if there has been no court order and the mother did not bring the child back after visitation in the State of Texas?

If you are not married and there is no custody or visitation order, she has custody automatically. The father have to prove paternity in court by a DNA test and then petition for custody or visitation. He can then also pay child support.

Can a spouse deny visitation if separated?

Yes they can until there is a court order for custody and visitation

If you pay child support can you see your child?

Child support and custody/visitation are separate issues. You should contact your local courts to file for visitation/custody if the custodial parent is denying visitation.

If the father has visitation rights and has not seen the child can you get full custody and receive child support?

How does he have any visitation rights with a custody and child support order?

Does an unwed mother have sole custody?

Yes, the father have to go to court to get visitation or custody.

How can you deny joint custody to an abusive parent?

YOU cannot deny any custody or visitation. Only the court can make an enforceable decision regarding these matters. State laws vary. If physical abuse is the case, the custodial parent will need a record of the abuse and should call the police, take pictures to record the effects, and try to have dis-interested witnesses present at the time of any contact between the parents. If there is no abuse to the children, or no abuse in the presence of the children, it is unlikely to make any change in the court decision for joint custody. It may compel the court to make some order for supervised exchange of the children for visitation. Only the court can make any decision, especially regarding custody. If the non-custodial parent is abusive to the children it may be very good grounds for a sole custody arrangement. It may also encourage the court to provide for supervised visitation. Visitation is a different issue than custody. Visitation is the means for the non-custodial parent to have a relationship with the children and build that relationship. A court generally regards this as semi-sacred. A custodial parent should NOT deny visitation. If it is necessary to curtail visitation for the real safety of the children, the custodial parent should immediately file a request for a change of visitation. Otherwise, a court may frown on a parent who denies visitation. In some states, continual denial of visitation can be grounds for a change of custody.

The father got custody years ago the children are 9 and 14 and he won't let me see them. How old does the child have to be for visitation in Colorado and can I fight for visitation?

Yes of course you can. Visitation rights or shared custody should be settled when they are babies. There should have been a visitation order entered at the time the father was granted custody. There is no age restriction. Unless you were deemed an unfit parent you have the right to a visitation schedule. You should return to the court that issued the custody order and request a visitation schedule.

If a father in Florida is denied the visitation rights can he petition for sole custody?

Being denied visitation or not, a father can petition for sole custody. The two situations are not related.

What happens when the non custodial parent who shares joint custody gets awarded temporary custody with supervised visitation Supervised visitation is not being allowed?

by whom?

People also asked