Best Answer

For crickets,earwigs,roaches, and other similar freaky bugs, the only sure way is to use Boric Acid Powder. It is available at hardware stores/home improvement centers. It comes in a big squeeze bottle that looks like a bigger version of a bottle of "chaulk-line" refill. It looks like white chaulk-line powder, too... Usually find it in the pest control aisle. If you hate bugs as much as I do, you will make a continuous line surrounding the outside foundation of your house where the foundation meets the ground. Also squirt the powder along slider door entrances, window sills, etc. I do the inside walls also (be selective to not apply where kids/pets can get into it. All of the roach-like enemies will not cross over it. If you sprinkle it inside the widows, it will work. It is not like a bug spray where it kills them instantly, although it will. It is more of a defense method. They will not come around any area where you apply it. And it is not a chemical that will harm you like bug sprays....Remember "20 MuleTeam Borax" and "Boraxo" ? Actually, most talc type products will work. But remember, if you use a scented product of any kind, you may be attracting other pests/flying insects, etc. Borax is cheap, and effective.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2005-09-30 12:10:41
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


20 cards

What disease produces black vomit due to hemorrhaging in the stomach

Why do cane toads have warts

The firm flexible rod found in the dorsal area in chordates is called the

How many pairs of legs are on each section of a centipedes body

See all cards
45 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: What do you do with cricket-like insects that build nests in your window seal?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
People also asked