Mexico Travel

What documents will a US citizen need to travel in or out of Mexico?



User Avatar
Wiki User

Beginning January 23, 2007 all passengers flying between Mexico and the United States will be required to have a valid passport. Currently the government expects to implement the requirement that all travellers must present a passport or a PASS card on 1 January, 2008. This may be put into effect later than this date. The PASS card is still under development, but it will be similar in size to a driver's license and works for sea and land travel. In the past a driver's license or other state issued photo ID has been sufficient. See the Related Link for "US Government Travel Regulations" to the right for the current requirements.