"DTC P1694 will set if no CCd bus messages are received from PCM for 20 seconds or invalid messages are received for 20 seconds.
Possible Causes Failed Crank Position Sensor
CCD Bus (-) circuit open between PCM and TCM.
CCD Bus (+) circuit open between PCM and TCM.
Transmission CCD bus wiring damaged.
Failed CPS Symptoms - -Fuel gauge and voltage gauges may not work or display properly. -You sometimes will have No Bus on the odometer after 30-60 seconds. -NO spark at the spark plugs. -Fuel pressure is OK at the fuel rail. If the CPS is failed sometimes the OBDII code reader cannot make a connection to the computer or cannot read Check Engine Light/MIL codes because the CPS has failed.
Crank sensors can have intermittent "thermal failure". This means that the sensor fails when engine gets hot, but works again when it cools back down. CPS failure with the JEEP 4.0 L is common at 80,000-100,000 and will often cause secondary Check Engine Light/MIL codes.
= Diagnostic steps to confirm the CPS is the cause of your no-start = You might be able to verify a bad cps, by unplugging it, and turning the ignition key to on. If the voltage gauge and/or the fuel gauge now displays correctly, replace the CPS. # Near the rear of intake manifold, disconnect sensor pigtail harness connector from main wiring harness. # Place an ohmmeter across terminals B and C (SEE Image). Ohmmeter should be set to 1K-to-1OK scale for this test. # The meter reading should be open (infinite resistance). Replace sensor if a low resistance is indicated.
CCD Bus Diagnostic Procedure
1. Using scan tool, clear TCM DTCs. Start engine and let idle for at least 2 minutes. Using scan tool, retrieve TCM DTCs. If DTC P1694 returns, go to next step. If DTC P1694 does not return, go to step 5.
2. Check instrument cluster gauges for proper operation. If fuel gauge and speedometer operate properly, go to next step. If fuel gauge and speedometer do not operate properly, see appropriate INSTRUMENT PANELS article.
3. Turn ignition off. Disconnect Gray PCM harness connector. PCM is located at left front of engine compartment. Disconnect TCM harness connector. Measure resistance of CCD BUS (-) circuit (White/Black wire) between TCM harness connector and Gray PCM harness connector. If resistance is more than 5 ohms, repair open in CCd BUS (-) circuit (White/Black wire). If resistance is 5 ohms or less, go to next step.
4. Measure resistance of CCD BUS (+) circuit (Violet/Brown wire) between TCM harness connector and Gray PCM harness connector. If resistance is more than 5 ohms, repair open in CCd BUS (+) circuit (Violet/Brown wire). If resistance is 5 ohms or less, replace TCM.
5. Conditions necessary to set DTC P1694 are currently not present. Inspect related wiring and harness connectors. See WIRING DIAGRAMS. Repair as necessary. If no problem is found, check for broken, bent, backed-out or corroded terminal pins. Check for chafed, pierced or partially broken wires inside insulation. Repair as necessary.
How do you get 1000000 robux for free?
Is it true that one human year is equal to seven dog years?
How many 3s in 313433535333?
How do you spell water with 3 letters?
How old is Danielle cohn?
What is the worse galactocemia galactocemia type 1 2 or 3?
A teacher walks into the Classroom and says If only Yesterday was Tomorrow Today would have been a Saturday Which Day did the Teacher make this Statement?
What pokediger1 password in roblox?
How did chickenpox get its name?
What is doomscrolling?
How did the Wiffle Ball get its name?
Do schools still teach cursive writing?
Can eggs break inside a chicken?
Why do books come out in hardback first?
What happens when a beehive gets too full?
What is the difference between an optometrist and an ophthalmologist?
What may be development for one may not be development for the others justify the statement with suitable examples?
Is Quentin Somerville related to Julia Sommerville?
Which of the following statements is true about storing classified documents?
What is the meter of manang biday?
Ano ang kahulugan ng iskolarling pagpapahayag?
What happened to Little Juan Burritos?
What is meant by a frequency response curve of an acceptor circuit?
What two generalization can be made about North America at the time of European discovery?
Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.