Auto Insurance Claims

What happens if there is an autombile accident with a motorcycle and you have insurance but the other motorcyclist does not have a license or registration?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2006-10-16 19:20:59
2006-10-16 19:20:59

Same as if it where 2 cars. The uninsured driver will be sited and then your insurance will pay for the repairs and try and collect from the uninsured driver, if you have uninsured or underinsured coverage, if not you can take the uninsured driver to small claims court.

User Avatar

Related Questions

The best insurance depends on the needs of the motorcyclist. Progressive and Esurance both offer comparative rates to figure out what will be best for the customers.

motorcycle insurance = insurance for motorcycle car insurance = insurance for car

Insurance price quotes can be given for vehicle insurance, including autombile, boat, trailer, and motorcycle. Quotes are also given for homeowners to cover the structure, land, and belongings. When you know what kind of insurance you need, there are many websites online that will compare rates from different companies for you.

No. YOu need Motorcycle Insurance. Check out this site for more resources on Motorcycle Insurance.

No you do not. You need insurance. And registration only I believe.

You need motorcycle insurance if you have a motorcycle. The DUI is a ticket.

If you are attempting to get motorcycle insurance that means you probably have a motorcycle and should have a license for it. An insurance company will not provide insurance unless you at least have a motorcycle permit.

Geico sells motorcycle insurance.

I guess she tries to collect from the drunk's insurance or sues the drunk and or the boyfriend. If the drunk has no insurance or money, or the boyfriend has no money I think you have your answer. If she has her own medical insurance, she could probably use that.

Before a driver drives a motorcycle, they need to have motorcycle insurance.

Scooter insurance does not cover more than motorcycle insurance. Essentially motorcycle insurance is scooter insurance and in general, is insurance coverage for 2-wheel vehicles.

I just called the DMV in New Mexico and that was their answer:"If that scooter goes on the road, then yes it needs registration and insurance, and just a car driver license, doesn't have to be a motorcycle driver license though. Anything above 50cc will need a motorcycle driver license, and of course in addition to the registration and insurance."

In Minnesota they are not and so I am sure other no-fault states are similar. However, the motorcyclist can make a claim for personal injuries against the at-fault party, if there is one.

I am a Insurance Agent in Ohio and yes insurance for a motorcycle is required in Ohio.

Some companies that offer Canadian motorcycle insurance include Intact Insurance and State Farm Insurance. Another company that offers motorcycle insurance in Canada is TD Insurance.

Yes, Marsh Insurance does sell motorcycle insurance. If you would like to get a quote on motorcycle insurance you can call Toll Free: 1-888-580-5320.

There are 5 Big Players. Here's a good BLog to help you Save money on Motorcycle Insurance: For more information and resources on Motorcycle Insurance, check out

only if you have a motorcycle

I believe motorcycle insurance has it's own UIM and is separate from car insurance.

Your motorcycle insurance will not cover theft from your motorcycle. Just the same as with your automobile, the theft is covered by your home or renters insurance.

One of the most popular motorcycle insurance agencies is Geico. Other popular motorcycle insurance agencies include Erie Insurance, Auto-Owners Insurance, Country and Progressive.

Yes, if you plan to ride it. Most State laws require the rider to also obtain the Insurance. For more information and resources on Motorcycle Insurance, check out

No, not that I have ever heard of. You need motorcycle insurance. Contact your insurance carrier.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.