Child Support
Traffic Violations and Tickets
Criminal Law

What happens if you arrive at court without the money to pay a fine?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2007-05-09 11:36:24
2007-05-09 11:36:24

This actually happened to me once and it was a bit embarassing, to be honest. I went to court for a simple traffic violation and forgot my check book to pay the fines and fees. When I approached the cashier I explained this to her an she handed me a pre-addressed envelope to the court and explained that I had two weeks to settle the account before additional fines, fees and charges were added. Call your local court clerk to see if this scenario is true for you as well.


Related Questions

You risk having to pay it twice, if the other parent decides to take the matter to court at some point. Don't do this. Insist on getting a court order. Once that happens, pay your child support through either the courts or the State disbursement unit. DO NOT give any money or anything else to the obligee unless you want it to be considered a gift.

Money theft is when money is taken without permission. This happens a great deal in modern society in stores as well as in homes.

it is either probation or your made to pay extra money

You may be sued in either a small claim court or district court. And if you are found liable for the money owed, the court may issue a judgment against your bank accounts, other asset or future income.

Usually, the court will order an attachment of your earnings or some cases, you can actually go to jail.

If you refuse court ordered visitation then you would be considered in contempt of court and a judge may issue a warrant for your arrest to face the charge. It could cost you money, or some time in jail and money.

If its drug money or stolen money then no. If they take it without reason then yes.

You'll be ticketed for driving with an invalid registration and driving without insurance, and you still owe that money to the bank.

They should be reported immediately to the court that appointed them and criminal charges should be pursued.

No, they need a judgement. Otherwise, they need your permission.

It's a money lender who happens to be Jewish. Sort of like a Catholic money lender, without the Catholic part.

Even without assets, the estate has to pay off the debts. If the estate cannot do so, they distribute any money as best they can. If the court approves the distribution plan, the debts are ended.

Unless the case was dismissed "without prejudice" (unusual), it's over--you're off the hook. The company bringing the small claims action can't re-file. Occasionally, a case will be dismissed without prejudice, which allows the party bringing the action before the court to file it again.

It all depends on the proceedings in the bankruptcy court, the amount of assets to be re-organized or liquidated, what kind of bankruptcy, and the kind of stock you are talking about. No one can effectively answer this question without more specifics from you.

If all the debts are settled, there should not be a problem. If the money is used without that being done, it could result in charges.

Yes, But (I think) only if the money is owed to you for auto repair. You will want to check this out.

The Internal Revenue Service can as well as those operating under court order.

No. A lien is issued by a court after it has determined that someone owes you money.No. A lien is issued by a court after it has determined that someone owes you money.No. A lien is issued by a court after it has determined that someone owes you money.No. A lien is issued by a court after it has determined that someone owes you money.

If you want the money to go to your own account, upload from your bank account (although the money will take a few days to arrive in your PayPal account). If you want to pay a friend, use the "send money" tab (the money should arrive almost immediately).

If you die without having any relatives, and have not left a will - your estate goes to the treasury.

Nobody goes to jail for failing to pay money that is owed, however, wages can be garnished by court order.

Nothing if you file a motion with the court modifying to compliance date.

It is possible for it to happen. They would have to have a court order to do so.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.