What is ICT?
Information and communications technology (ICT) refers to all the technology used to handle telecommunications, broadcast media, intelligent building management systems, audiovisual processing and transmission systems, and network-based control and monitoring functions. Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) education is basically our society's efforts to teach its current and emerging citizens valuable knowledge and skills around computing and communications devices, software that operates them, applications that run on them and systems that are built with them.
Importance and signifance of ICT to:
The importance of ICT in education is, we can provide ourself with relevant and contemporary experiences that allow us to successfully engage with technology and prepare them for life after school. We are living in a constantly evolving digital world. ICT has an impact on nearly every aspect of our lives - from working to socialising, learning to playing. The digital age has transformed the way young people communicate, network, seek help, access information and learn. We must recognise that young people are now an online population and access is through a variety of means such as computers, TV and mobile phones.
Science and technology:
· data logging, e.g. using sensors to record variables such as temperature, moisture, light and pressure, to assist in the recording, presentation and analysis of results so that pupils can spend more time on interpretation, evaluation and the formulation of hypotheses about the implications
· simulations and modelling, to help pupils understand phenomena which may be too slow, too fast, too dangerous or too expensive to investigate in the school laboratory, and to allow them to investigate the effects of changing variables in the situations represented or to consolidate and reinforce conceptual understanding
· databases and spreadsheets, to enable pupils to organise, search and sort information in order to explore relationships, look for patterns and test hypotheses, e.g. extracting data on the nutrient value of different foods
· publishing and presentation software, e.g. word processing and desktop publishing packages and multimedia authoring software, to enable pupils to develop understanding and present their findings to others
· information resources, e.g. the Internet, CD-ROM and data files, to enable pupils to find information and thus to develop their knowledge and understanding of science.
· ICT can foster safer mobility. Using increasingly widespread and affordable ICT, transport users can now report cases of harassment and discrimination.
· ICT can help the planning and accessibility of transport. Transport users can also better plan their trips.
· ICT can help disseminate information on market prices, transport and logistics costs to the most vulnerable, including women. Improvements in ICT technology have allowed women and men around the world to access markets in growing numbers by lowering information barriers and reducing the costs associated with market transactions.
Information and communication:
ICT is important to information and communication because we are living in a constantly evolving digital world. ICT has an impact on nearly every aspect of our lives - from working to socialising, learning to playing. The digital age has transformed the way young people communicate, network, seek help, access information and learn. We must recognise that young people are now an online population and access is through a variety of means such as computers, TV and mobile phones.
What Is Computer Hardware Servicing?
Computer hardware servicing is a blanket term applied to the act of supporting and maintaining computer hardware. This includes diagnosing computer hardware issues, upgrading hardware on a computer and repairing computer hardware.
What is PECs?The success of a businessperson greatly depends on a certain set of characteristics called Personal Entrepreneurial Competencies or PECs. The term " Entrepreneurial Competencies" refers to the key characteristics that should be possessed by successful entrepreneurs in order to perform entrepreneurial functions effe