Someone/something changed the original question and that is probably why it has not been answered.
Safe levels for chlorine are 1.5 ppm to about 5.0 ppm. of free chlorine. You should have a test kit that will give you free chlorine readings as opposed to just a chlorine residual. Free chlorine is what sanitizes the pool water. If you can smell a chlorine odor coming from your pool then you do not have enough chlorine in the water.
Chlorine is a chemical that helps purify swimming pool water to make it safe for people who are in it.
It is safe. That just means that the chlorine is not actively killing bacteria. It would be unsafe if there was too much chlorine.
No sanitizer? Not safe! Especially for females.
chlorine in a swimming pool that is free.
How does chlorine in a swimming pool kill bacteria ?
Yes, except that Clorox bleach (or any other grocery-store liquid chlorine bleach) is not very concentrated. It would cost a LOT to add enough Clorox to be effective in a swimming pool. The chlorine granules sold specifically for sanitizing water in hot tubs or swimming pools are much more cost-effective. For the record, chlorine is poisonous in high concentrations, whether in the form of gas, granules or liquid. But when properly diluted in a swimming pool (or municipal water supply), chlorine is safe.
No. Not at first, anyway. Do not go swimming immediately or soon after having your hair relaxed.
An average swimming poolneeds 7 and 8 pH of chlorine.
No such thing as chlorine lock.
To disinfect it.
It is necessary because the chlorine kills all of the germs that enter the swimming pool.
Chlorine is not so much good for swimming but it is good for keeping the water free from harmful microorganisms, economically.
The problem in a swimming pool with not enough amount of chlorine is that the harmfull bacteria wiil be not killed.
You can get sick from swimming in polluted water. This is why swimming pools have chlorine in their water. It is save, theoretically, to swim in an unpolluted pond or lake, but the water should be tested because it is not possible actually to know the water is safe otherwise.
Shock it follow directions on the package and make sure no one swims until the chlorine is at a safe level 1-3 ppm (parts per million)
Generally it is 3ppm or under . Most recreational places Over Chlorinate as a precaution and is generally safe but can cause irritation of the skin eyes etc.
My brother has a salt water pool which is a chlorine treated pool and his dog seems to prefer drinking out of the pool been doing it for years and is perfectly healthy.
well swimming in saltwater is okay because saltwater is like natural water for our bodies. and with swimming pools, it has chlorine. all chlorine does is try to make the water as pure as possible. but chlorine has a weird smell and it can damage some parts but not that much.
Chlorine is used in swimming pools for a few reasons. The most common are: 1. Chlorine acts as a mild disinfectant, it makes swimming in the water a more sanitary activity. 2. Chlorine also inhibits the growth of algae. Without chlorine, most pools would be green within a few days.
ANSWER:Chlorine is a poisonous, yellowish-green gas with a strong unpleasant odor. Chlorine is used in a liquid form, and has no actual shape.Some of the uses from chlorine compounds would include:To kill bacteria in water, to make it safe for drinking or safe for swimming pools.Produce paper, plastics, insecticides, cleaning fluids, and antifreeze.Also, the manufacture of medicines, paints, and petroleum products.
the higher the temp the quicker the chlorine loss