Asked in

What is a tea ball?


User Avatar
Wiki User
November 27, 2008 2:24AM

You can buy a metal ball that you place your loose tea into it for dipping into hot water and it acts as a strainer. I guess that is it. To my knowledge it is a round mesh tool in witch the loose tea leaves go in before it is placed in the hot/boiling water for brewing. It is a tea infuser, a kind of strainer.