1. low pressure over the sea, causing air to rise (think - high presssure= I'm pressing my hand hard over a helium balloon, the balloon cannot rise. low pressure= I'm not pressing hard, so the balloon will rise)
2. Sea temperature about 26 / 27 degrees C
3. warm air goes upwards in spiralling movement (the eye)
4. Air rushes in to take the place of the rising air from the area of high pressure around the 'eye'
5. Forms a core / eye of low pressure surrounded by a ring of high pressure.
6. The cyclone forms in the sea, as it moves towards land it loses energy, because it's getting it's energy from the warm sea.