Asked in DefinitionsTechnologyComputer Aided Design
Computer Aided Design
What is the meaning of the term model?
March 25, 2014 7:31AM
- Graphical, mathematical (symbolic), physical, or verbal representation or simplified version of a concept, phenomenon, relationship, structure, system, or an aspect of the real world.
- The objectives of a model include:
- to facilitate understanding by eliminating unnecessary components,
- to aid in decision making by simulating 'what if' scenarios,
- to explain, control, and predict events on the basis of past observations. Since most objects and phenomenon are very complicated (have numerous parts) and much too complex (parts have dense interconnections) to be comprehended in their entirety, a model contains only those features that are of primary importance to the model maker's purpose.
- Refer to link below for more information.