Best Answer

I am not an expert on Immigration but, I have read a lot about immigration procedures. I think that everyone with a visa other than a simple tourist visa can apply almost immediately for permanet residen alien visa (green card). But do not take my word for it, since i can not remember well. I meant that I am not immigration expert, but I have read about immigration procedures (USA). You can begin right away, as long as your employer has already conducted the necessary recruitment procedure for the Labor Certification. Labor Certification under PERM is now taking just a few months, and there after you can simultaneously submit your Immigrant Petition and green card application. Rachel Houston, TX

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2006-12-18 21:15:28
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


20 cards

When did immigrants begin to come to America

What did Andrew Carnegie believe

What are the indigenous nomadic ethnic community of Ireland

What is a monopoly

See all cards
2 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: What is the minimum amount of time you can have an H1-B visa before acquiring a Green Card?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions
People also asked