Asked in
Property Law
Malcolm X
Cesar Chavez

What is the name of agreement specifying that any unknown mineral rights of a decedent be divided among surviving siblings?


User Avatar
Wiki User
September 28, 2007 3:44AM

The only binding form of post mortem "agreement" for distribution would be a will or a trust that addresses the property in question. Another way might be to include the "surviving siblings" as joint tenants in the deed with reservation of a life estate for the primary occupant (soon to become the decedent of your question), and addressing mineral rights in any specific way you want.