Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2009-12-19 02:39:01

what size and style? If it is butt weld you half the pipe size 3 times and take the 2nd and 4th number and add together. 6 inch example below....

1] 6"
2] 3" add this
3] 1 1/2"
4] 3/4" and 6 inch 45 would be 3 3/4"

you also can use this formula.. pipe size times 0.625 [ 5/8 ]

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

The take off for 90 degree pipe fittings is size of 90 plus half example 8" 90 8+4= is 12" take off 10" 90 10+5= 15" take off

It is the measurement of fittings for piping. It is the measurement of fittings for piping.

If it is 3 in. Then take off 3 in. and so on for what ever size you are use if it is 2 in. then 2 in.

For 90 degree fittings divide the diameter by 2 then add quotion to original diameter for 45 degree fittings multiply .625 X the diameter on 3r 45's multiply .625X diameter then X 2

The take off formula of a 45 degree elbow pipe, will depend on what the pipe is on. Sometimes a 45 degree pipe will need a 90 degree right angle turn to come off.

what is the take out of 6 inches pipe of a socket weld 90 degree elbow

It's your pipe size multiplied by 1.5

Take either an SOS pad or a wire brush and rough up both the inside of the brass fitting and outside of copper pipe, put the copper pipe into the fitting and solder around it.

Measure to the center of the Ell and decuct for the threads ..

There is no one formula for fitting take offs. The general rule used for gal and black malleable fittings is on a center to center measurement to take off the ID of the pipe you are using on each end of the pipe. Example if center to center measurement is 10 feet between a 1 inch tee and a 1 inch 90 ell. The end to end measurement would be minus 2 inches for a total of 9 foot 10 inches. If you are a industrial pipe fitter there is a pipe fitters blue book that covers all this and a lot more,but the formula we use is take the size of the fitting and break it down 4 times add the second and forth dimension together and there's your take off,ex. 10 inch 45 degree carbon steel would be like this,,,,,10-5- 2.5-11/4=6 1/4 take out.......

it takes the same pressure if the vertical heights the same but since the 45 degree pipe would be longer it would create more flow restriction.

The take-off for a standard radius 90 is one and one half the diameter of the pipe. Example: 6 inch 90 has a take- off of 9 inches. The take-off for short radius 90 would be the dia. of the pipe. Long radius 90 is 2 times the pipe diameter.

Take alluminum foil and put it over the pipe, or you can also use duck tape.Another (far more accurate) answer:That depends on the function of the pipe. If it's carrying pressurized water or sewer water, don't patch it, replace it. Use appropriate fittings to splice in new pipe after carefully cutting out the old, damaged section of pipe.There are special fittings for splicing into a section of pipe that has to be cut away, but if you have any questions or concerns about properly splicing a pipe, contact a qualified plumber or handyman.For other pipe applications (some people use pipe to build frames) you can use whatever you want when patching plastic pipe.Note that for some applications, specifically sprinkler pipe, there are patch segments available to repair sections of pipe that have burst from freezing.

The fittings THREADED are normally rated for 125 PSI but there are ratings over 3,000 PSI if needed such as high pressure steam applications Then one has to take temperature /pressure relationship into consideration higher temperature greater pressure

this app help you: "Miter Flat Pattern Design" in

There is no instrument on that list that can take any reliable measurements.

this app help you: "Miter Flat Pattern Design" in

Not likely, as most vehicles today have sealed grease fittings. Take a look and see.

You cant answer this unless you have proper measurements. Assuming that the pipe is a cylinder, using the equation V=(pi) r2 L Where (pi) is 3.14159 and r is the radius of the pipe and L is the length of the pipe. The question asks for Gallons, a unit of Volume. What is given is the length and width, used to find an area.

this app help you: "Miter Flat Pattern Design" in

Yes you can, just remove the oil line fittings above the oil filter and take them to a hardware store and tell them you need 2 pipe thread plugs the same size as the fittings that you removed, and some thread tape. Rap plugs with tape and screew them into the oil filter adapter tight. And it will be by-passed.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.