Asked in Technology
What possible reasons can be responsible for premature decline of technology?
October 04, 2009 6:04AM
Hello All.........Here are some reasons for the premature
- No mission, no clear goals, stated OBJECTIVE to make a pile of money.
- CUSTOMER not perceived as a top priority.
- Loss of momentum in sales, poor SALES performance.
- Impatience, trying to get RICH quickly.
- Operating outside own area of excellence, diversification into UNASSOCIATED BUSINESSES.
- Failure to focus on PRIORITIES, failure to focus on 20 percent that brings in the 80 percent.
- Failure to establish COMPETITIVE advantage, failure to be better, cheaper, faster or nicer , trying to sell a commodity.
- Product not suited to customer REQUIREMENTS.
- Poor QUALITY of product and support.
- Failure to IDENTIFY CUSTOMERS.
- REACTIVE rather than proactive SELLING.
- INCOMPLETE marketing
STRATEGY, poor sales performance.
- POOR LEADERSHIP, lack of integrity and COMPETENCE of KEY STAFF, lack of commitment & persistence.
- MISMANAGEMENT of working CAPITAL.
- Failure to analyse and respond to trends, CHANGES in MARKET PLACE.
- No BUSINESS PLAN.
- Inadequate financial records, POOR BUDGETING, poor cash control.
- Action without planning, FAILURE to collect the RELEVANT FACTS.
- Paralysis by analysis, TOO much ANALYSIS, not enough action.
- Poor RELATIONS with STAFF and employees, poor communications, command and control mentality.
- Poor Government policies to promote technology as one of the key contributor in near future .
- Lack of Infrastructure for technology development.