Asked in
Law & Legal Issues
Road Distance
Driving Times

What qualifies as a noise violation in Raleigh NC?


User Avatar
Wiki User
March 17, 2014 2:05AM

Construction and demolition are permitted between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. Noise complaints related to construction and demolition during these hours are not enforceable. If construction related noise is taking place before 7:00 a.m. or after 8:30 p.m. then a complaint can be made with the Raleigh Police Department at 919-831-6311.

Please remember that Raleigh places limits on loud music coming from automobiles. Under the ordinance, music must be contained to a distance of no more than 50 feet from the vehicle. Covered under the law are: radios, stereo receivers, cassette tape players, compact disc players and other similar devices. The ordinance particularly is aimed at motorists who drive through residential areas playing loud music.